I guess I unintentionally confused someone into thinking that my buddy and I took a commuter bus from Shin Chitose Airport to Niseko when we went there last weekend. In my post I used the words "ski tour bus" to indicate that we joined a package tour and the bus was exclusively for the participants. Anyway, I did dig up some info regarding transportation so here it is... You can take the train to Niseko Station(but it`s probably not right in front of the ski resort). There`s only one per day, leaving Shin Chitose Kuko Station at 12:45pm and arriving at 3:25pm. It`ll cost you 5030yen. For info on buses leaving from the airport try calling 0123-46-5701(you`d probably have to speak nihongo). I think the best way is to leave from Sapporo Station early in the morning. There`s one leaving at 7:45am and arriving in Niseko Hirafu at 10:35am. There`s another one leaving at 7:20am and arriving at 10:08am. If you take the buses leaving from Sapporo they offer you an almost unbelievable deal: 4900yen for round trip bus fare and a one day passport! Hope this helps.

Snoboyaro's bus is Donan bus. Here is my tid bit.

If you want to catch a bus from the Airport to Niseko, there are two operators, Donan and Chuo.

Donan has 9:30AM from Chitose to Niseko, this will put you at Hirafu Parking lot about 12:30. and the last bus leaving from Hirafu to Chitose is 4:00PM and this is also a Donan. Watch out for the connection, they require more than 1 hr conneciton time to the plane. Here are their URL's (Jpnes only)

http://www.donanbus.co.jp/ski/index.html

http://www.chuo-bus.co.jp/kikan/ski/ski-fl.html

If your hotel is close to the Hirafu intersection(Seico Mart) you can tell when you buy the ticket to get off/on at Hirafu Ski Jo Iriguchi, then they will drop you off there.

Other trick I use:

Going:Fly out to Chitose the night before, and take train to Otaru;stay at a cheap biz hotel. Next morning, take 6:11 local train for Oshamanbe, this will put you at Kuchan ~7:30AM so you have a full day.

Coming back: take Niseko Ski Liner from Kutchan ~ 5:00 PM thru Sapporo to Chitose.

You can get tickets at any JR 'midori no madoguchi'