A friend of mine bought an Option Signature online last year for a mere 35,000yen(imported). I need to buy a new board, I can`t get hold of him. Does anyone know any good discount board dealers that will ship to Japan? Ideally I`m looking for one of this year`s Option or Rossignol models.

Hey Snapper

Check out custom- and hand-made Donek boards at www.donek.com . They are better than mass-produced boards and will ship internationally for only $25.

Their all-mountain board (the "Incline") is only $330.

If you are wondering about quality, durability and performance, just do a Google search for Donek snowboards and check out the online reviews.

It seems that well-made custom boards blow away most mass-produced ones. Just like a specialty shop can make a better burger than Ronald McDonald.

;\)

Yo Snapper - I have found it pretty hard to find a good online snowboard retailer, but sfosnow.com is the place to go. They carry Option, along with Lib, M3, Never Summer, Rossi and many other brands. And most importantly they claim to specialize in international shipping.

Let me just say I have been riding Option boards (the Signature even) for the last 3 years and couldn't recommend them enough. Great, high quality boards that will really last you. Plus the company is way cool and will do whatever they can to make you happy if you have any kind of problem.

Enderzero - Cheers for the info. I found that site yesterday. Got very excited. Put this years Signature in my basket, got more excited, got to the checkout, got even more excited. Then they asked me for my 3 digit CC security number, F#$%ing Japanese CC`s don`t have one do they. The Signature is gonna have to wait a little longer!

I e:mailed them, but they haven`t replied. Planning on getting the 157, but the longer it takes the more I`m swaying towards the 161.

Like always, I`ll be at Snowbeds this weekend, you`re welcome to join us. Bringing your hiking legs.