tokyo to nagano and then hakuba

I am traveling to tokyo next week on a last minute decision to join a friend going there for work. I am a big skier so thought I would bring my stuff along and find some good pow.

I am pretty sure I can get myself on the bullet train from tokyo to nagano city, but once I get there, I am a little confused as to how to get to one of the hakuba resorts. Are there shuttles or buses? Is it fairly obvious? How long does it take to get from the train station to the resort. Is there a different option that puts me right at a resort?

Also, if I leave tokyo around 6am, can I make this a (long) one day trip there and back?

Any advice/help would be awesome!

Thanks!

The Buses from Nagano are real easy to Happo, Nozawa or Shiga Kogen. They leave every hour from the East Exit. You should see other skiers boarding the buses. Go out the East Exit and turn left down the stairs. Look for Bus Stops 2 thru 6. It takes about an hour to get to Happo and a little longer for Nozawa. If you leave Tokyo at 6am it would take 2 hrs on the bullet train then another 1-2 hrs to get to Happo-one depending on how long you wait for the bus. Best bet is to take the bullet train from Tokyo to Nigita and ski Gala or Kagura. Good Luck