I want to know more about the Karuizawa, NAGANO since I booked the package to there on 11 - 15 Dec. I try to postpone or cancel my trip from my agent, but unsucessful. I planned to ski in Japan and choose this place, now I am very worring on the weather because I have saw the forecast from SnowJapan, there is no snow until 9 Dec. Would you please give me some advise or recommendation? I want to know which place could ski is closely from Karuizawa once Karuizawa is not enough snow for sking, I can go there from K.

Hello, eurischow. You don't have to worry about Karuizawa, because they have artifical snow and Ocean 11 already said. Unfortunately, the skiing area is quite small. However, they have a fantastic mall for shopping, eating and spa, so bring a lot of $$$ + YYY + credit cards.

Did you join by the Cathay Pacific holidays package? If you did, you have to stay the first night in Tokyo and you must go to the Tokyo hotel yourself. Transport from the airport to Tokyo is not included in the package. That is such a stupid package because it is much easier to take the train directly from the airport to Karuizawa and just change trains at Tokyo station.

If you want more information, you can sent me an email or ask on this forum.

I am going there 21-28 Dec.

Thanks for your helpful. I have decided to travel to Sapporo after the trip in Karuizawa . I will book the local tour to Sapporo and ski at the Kiroro of Sapporo. Do you know what price around for the fare of two way air-ticket from Tyoko to Sapporo?

Good choice, Kiroro! If snow falls in Hokkaido, Kiroro will be the first place to get it and it will get the most of it.

Try to book a place at the Mountain Hotel or Piano Hotel of the Yamaha Resort there. That allows you to ski directly from your hotel. If you get booked in other hotels like the Hilton Otaru, then you have to take a shuttle bus to the ski resort and back every day and that also means no night skiing!