It's a bit wet. But the good news is that it should be easing off this morning with cloudy skies and a high of about 18C forecast.
Early morning visibility is very limited up on the mountain too, so would be good if that clearer up as well.
Tomorrow the forecasts tells us that we can expect clearer weather from the start of the day and we should have clearer conditions into next week. It will be getting warmer again over the weekend. Sounds good.
- Nagasaka Gondola - Yamabiko Four - Yamabiko Number 2 Four
Planned open courses today:
- Yamabiko courses - Kokenashi - Bunabayashi (until mid-station) - Get the Gondola back down to base
General resort operations information until Sunday 6th May:
The Gondola will be open from 8:10am daily; The Number 1 car park will be free daily; There will be no village shuttle bus between until 27th April; Nozawa Onsen plans to remain open until Sunday 6th May. Read more ...
Wednesday 25th April 2018, 9:24am
It's a cloudy morning with a bit of rain falling too, so not the most appealing conditions.
It looks like the lower Jumbo Number 1 lift at Annupuri is on hold at the start of the day, some kind of maintenance needed.
12 days left of ski lift operations, including today.
Wednesday 25th April 2018
Resort specific information (operations subject to change):
- Ace Number 2 Center Four (* operating daily until 6th May) - King Number 3 (* operating daily until 6th May) - King Number 4 (* operating daily until 6th May) - Hirafu Gondola (* operating only on 21st, 22nd April & 28th April - 6th May)
- Most of Hirafu remains open - Lower part of Super closed - All of the Hanazono area is closed
Rainy and wet best describes what we have this morning, the rain has been quite heavy at times overnight.
And as yesterday, the Tashiro area of Kagura is closed due to forecast strong winds. The Kagura area is open up to the Number 1 high speed lift.
That's about it. We should be enjoying clearer skies from tomorrow once the rain clouds clear up. Hopefully by the start of the day!
Updated: Wednesday 25th April 2018, 9:00am
Planned resort operations - subject to change
Kagura - Tashiro Ropeway plans to be at least part open until Sunday 6th May - Mitsumata Ropeway and the main Kagura area plan to be at least part open until Sunday 27th May - Official snow depth: Kagura area - 190cm; Mitsumata area - 90cm; Tashiro area - 140cm - The Gezan downhill course to Mitsumata base is closed - take the Ropeway back to base - The Gondola East Course at Tashiro is also closed - All other courses remain open
Naeba - Naeba is closed today - It is still planning to re-open from 28th April until 6th May Read more ...
Wednesday 25th April 2018, 9:31am
After a wet day, there was some pretty heavy rain coming down overnight and it's raining this morning I'm afraid. :(
It looks like the Riesen Grat course isn't open for skiing this morning as they 'check safety' (official words), though they are saying you can go up there for sightseeing or climbing.
The snow on the lower base course at 47 has taken a noticeable hit, and the weather will surely have done so in other areas too.
Can we all manage to get through until the end of Golden Week (May 6th)? I'll keep you updated every day.
We are looking at clearer and sunnier weather come tomorrow and hopefully beyond.
Planned ski resort operations on Wednesday 25th April 2018:
We are checking the below information every morning, but please note that resort operations are beyond our control and subject to change.
- Gondola - Alpen quad - Usagidaira pair (* open only on weekends/holidays) - Panorama pair - Grat quad - Kurobishi Number 3 pair - Kurobishi Number 2 quad - Skyline Number 2 pair - Kokusai Number 3 pair (* open only on weekends/holidays)
- Riesen Grat ** NOT AVAILABLE THIS MORNING - Usagidaira - Kurobishi - Panorama - Skyline
- You can no longer ride back down to base areas - all base areas now closed - Take the Gondola back down to base
- Gondola - Pair Line A-B - Quad Line C - Pair Line E
- Most course areas remain open - Lower part of R-7 closed, only part of upper area R-7 open - You can still ride back down to base but... - ...the resort recommends that beginners take the Gondola back down to base - The Tree Riding Zones are now closed for the season
- Gondola - Tsuga Number 1 pair - Tsugaike Ropeway
- Only the top Tsuga-no-mori and Han-kou courses remain open - You can no longer ride back down to base areas - all base areas now closed - Take the Gondola back down to base - The Tsugaike Ropeway plans to be open daily until 6th May - The Ropeway is open only for hiking and climbing; a special form must be submitted