- Nagasaka Gondola - Yamabiko Four - Yamabiko Number 2 Four
Planned open courses today:
- Yamabiko courses - Kokenashi - Bunabayashi (until mid-station) - Get the Gondola back down to base
General resort operations information until Sunday 6th May:
The Gondola will be open from 8:10am daily; The Number 1 car park will be free daily; There will be no village shuttle bus between until 27th April; Nozawa Onsen plans to remain open until Sunday 6th May. Read more ...
Tuesday 24th April 2018, 7:22am
Good morning from Yuzawa.
After that stretch of clearer skies (much more hazy/overcast yesterday), it's wet this morning and raining and that is pretty much what we have forecast for the day along with a high of around 18C... probably tomorrow too.
Kagura remains open. Rain isn't particularly appealing, but as the resort are saying... might make the snow more slippy!
The Tashiro area of Kagura is closed due to strong winds.
The Kagura area is open up to the Number 1 high speed lift.
Updated: Tuesday 24th April 2018, 9:00am
Planned resort operations - subject to change
Kagura - Tashiro Ropeway plans to be at least part open until Sunday 6th May - Mitsumata Ropeway and the main Kagura area plan to be at least part open until Sunday 27th May - Official snow depth: Kagura area - 200cm; Mitsumata area - 100cm; Tashiro area - 150cm - The Gezan downhill course to Mitsumata base is closed - take the Ropeway back to base - The Gondola East Course at Tashiro is also closed - All other courses remain open
Naeba - Naeba is closed today - It is still planning to re-open from 28th April until 6th May Read more ...
Tuesday 24th April 2018, 7:26am
Hello and good morning.
Not the nicest of mornings really as it is raining. Just light rain, and it seems we should expect rain during the day today and into tomorrow too; perhaps heavy at times overnight tonight. Once these rain clouds pass, we should be enjoying clearer weather. And getting warmer too after a bit of a dip since the weekend.
Clear skies are currently forecast for the start of the Golden Week holidays at the weekend.
Let's hope this rain doesn't wash away too much snow!
Planned ski resort operations on Tuesday 24th April 2018:
We are checking the below information every morning, but please note that resort operations are beyond our control and subject to change.
- Gondola - Alpen quad - Usagidaira pair (* open only on weekends/holidays) - Panorama pair - Grat quad - Kurobishi Number 3 pair - Kurobishi Number 2 quad - Skyline Number 2 pair - Kokusai Number 3 pair (* open only on weekends/holidays)
- Gondola - Pair Line A-B - Quad Line C - Pair Line E
- Most course areas remain open - Lower part of R-7 closed, only part of upper area R-7 open - You can still ride back down to base but... - ...the resort recommends that beginners take the Gondola back down to base - The Tree Riding Zones are now closed for the season
- Gondola - Han-no-ki high speed pair - Tsuga Number 1 pair - Tsugaike Ropeway
- Only the top Tsuga-no-mori and Han-kou courses remain open - You can no longer ride back down to base areas - all base areas now closed - Take the Gondola back down to base - The Tsugaike Ropeway plans to be open daily until 6th May - The Ropeway is open only for hiking and climbing; a special form must be submitted
- Ace Number 2 Center Four (* operating daily until 6th May) - King Number 3 (* operating daily until 6th May) - King Number 4 (* operating daily until 6th May) - Hirafu Gondola (* operating only on 21st, 22nd April & 28th April - 6th May)
- Most of Hirafu remains open - Lower part of Super closed - All of the Hanazono area is closed