Snow and weather reports posted on Tuesday 20th November 2018
Saturday 21st April 2018, 7:54am
Clear and warm
Good morning from Yuzawa.
It's another fine spring morning and warm already. Temperatures are going to shoot right up to around 25C today, so you might even be able to say it will be 'hot' today.
Naeba is opening again for the weekend. So the choice is GALA Yuzawa, Kagura or Naeba.
Have a good Saturday.
Updated: Saturday 21st April 2018, 7:45am
Planned resort operations - subject to change
GALA Yuzawa - GALA will be at least part open until Sunday 22nd April - Official snow depth: 60cm - Central Area: The Gondola, Coach and Barouche lifts operating; all courses apart from Melody open - North Area: The Victoria lift is operating; Broadway and part of Swan (part) courses remain open - The South Area and Falcon course back to base are now closed for the season - Take the Gondola back down to base
Kagura - Tashiro Ropeway plans to be at least part open until Sunday 6th May - Mitsumata Ropeway and the main Kagura area plan to be at least part open until Sunday 27th May - Official snow depth: Kagura area - 230cm; Mitsumata area - 130cm; Tashiro area - 180cm - The Gezan downhill course to Mitsumata base is closed - take the Ropeway back to base - The Gondola East Course at Tashiro is also closed - All other courses remain open
Naeba - Naeba is open for today and tomorrow... - ...and then plans to open from 28th April until 6th May - The Prince Number 2 Gondola, Takenokodaira and Daishamen pair lifts are operating - Top Takenokodaira and Daishamen courses open - Take the Gondola back down to base
And as expected the sun is out we have clear skies and it is warm. And it is going to get very warm... hot, even. Perhaps as high as around 25C in the village. (It was on the news last night that some parts of Japan will be heating up to 30C today; atsui!)
Similar very warm and sunny conditions are forecast for tomorrow, so it is going to be a fine weekend to be out on the mountain. Dress accordingly!
A few more lifts and courses are open for the weekend as per info updated below.
Saturday 21st April 2018
Fresh snowfall since yesterday as reported by the resort:
- Nagasaka Gondola - Yamabiko Four - Yamabiko Number 2 Four - Skyline connecting pair - Uenotaira Four quad - Paradise Four quad - Yunomine pair
Planned open courses today:
- Yamabiko A, C, D, E - Uenotaira - Paradise - Kokenashi - Get the Gondola back down to base
General resort operations information until Sunday 6th May:
The Gondola will be open from 8:10am daily; The Number 1 car park will be free daily; There will be no village shuttle bus between until 27th April; Nozawa Onsen plans to remain open until Sunday 6th May. Read more ...
Saturday 21st April 2018, 8:12am
Clear, kind of hazy
Good morning Niseko fans.
Here we are on Saturday morning. There's just two more of them left now. Check out my new hi-tech and undeniably exciting 'countdown' below to see how any days we have left. To me it kind of reminds me how many reports I have left to write!
It's sunny again this morning and going to be warming up - as is all of Japan, to silly levels of hot in some regions too!
We should see a high of about 18C here too, so it's going to be warm.
The downer this morning is that there's a fairly strong wind being reported by the resorts. At the start of the day, due to the windy conditions the top King Number 3 and King Number 4 lifts at Niseko Grand Hirafu, as well as the top Jumbo Number 4 lift at Niseko Annupuri is on hold. The listings below are what is scheduled to be open if and when the winds calm down.
More clear skies due tomorrow; perhaps not quite as warm.
16 days left of ski lift operations, including today.
Saturday 21st April 2018
Resort specific information (operations subject to change):
- Ace Number 2 Center Four (* operating daily until 6th May) - King Number 3 (* operating daily until 6th May) - King Number 4 (* operating daily until 6th May) - Hirafu Gondola (* operating only on 21st, 22nd April & 28th April - 6th May)
- Most of Hirafu remains open - Lower part of Super closed - All of the Hanazono area is closed
- Gondola - Alpen quad - Usagidaira pair (* open only on weekends/holidays) - Panorama pair - Grat quad - Kurobishi Number 3 pair - Kurobishi Number 2 quad - Skyline Number 2 pair - Kokusai Number 3 pair (* open only on weekends/holidays)
- Gondola - Alps Number 1 pair - Alps Number 3 pair - Alps Number 2/4 pair (* open today and tomorrow; after that, unclear)
- The top area (except Champion Expert) remains open - You can still ride back down to Gondola base on the Toomi course - getting VERY narrow! - The Toomi lift is now closed - The Iimori lifts and area are now closed
- Gondola - Pair Line A-B - Quad Line C - Pair Line E
- Most course areas remain open - Lower part of R-7 closed, only part of upper area R-7 open - The resort recommends that beginners take the Gondola back down to base - The Tree Riding Zones are now closed for the season
- Gondola - Han-no-ki high speed pair - Tsugaike Ropeway
- Only the top Tsuga-no-mori and Han-kou courses remain open - You can no longer ride back down to base areas - all base areas now closed - Take the Gondola back down to base - The Tsugaike Ropeway plans to be open daily until 6th May - The Ropeway is open only for hiking and climbing; a special form must be submitted