- The Gondola, Barouche, Phaeton, Coach and Victoria lifts are operating - All courses in the Central Area are open - The Broadway, Super Broadway and Swan courses and Snow Park are open in the Northern Area - Official snow depth: 100cm - Planned closing date: 12th April
- All main areas are open, via Mitsumata and Tashiro Ropeways bases - 19 of 23 courses open - 13 of 21 lifts operating - Official snow depth: 170cm - Planned closing dates: 6th May (Tashiro); 24th May (Mitsumata)
- All other ski resorts in the area are now closed for the season
Photos (below) from around 8:00am on Sunday 12th April 2020:
I wasn't planning on a report this morning, but I have important news.
Today is going to be the last day of the season for Hakuba 47 and Hakuba Goryu.
They are saying that with the snow on the slopes down to base getting thin on the ground, narrow and close to closing, people would be needing to get the gondola lifts back down to base. Increased congestion due to people waiting for the gondola is not ideal.
Some may well be disappointed.
Some are happy and relieved to hear that decision being made.
So, this all means that today is officially the last day of the season here in Hakuba.
It also means that my reporting is also effectively over for the season. I will come back with a final report - just give me a few days to (have a rest and) collect my thoughts.
I will of course put the final snowfall data table back up when I post that last report.
Today is the last day of the season for Hakuba 47 and Hakuba Goryu.
From tomorrow, no ski areas in the region will be open. Read more ...
Geto Kogen Now!
Sunday 12th April 2020, 9:47am
It is a sunny morning in Geto Kogen.
Lots of blue sky and some cloud, along with warmer more spring-like conditions.
There is a chance of rain tomorrow and if we are lucky perhaps some snow.
The Number 1 pair lift will be taking a bow at the end of today leaving us with just the Number 1 Gondola operating from tomorrow.
Official snow depths:
* Top: 320cm * Base: 150cm
Planned operating lift information - subject to change:
* Number 1 Gondola * Number 1 pair lift
Courses & Tree Runs:
* All of the main official courses are available * Check with the resort for tree run course status which varies ---
About the coronavirus situation and our daily reports: