• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboard_freaks_girl / sam_casper:
kick ass!

we arrive the sunday before you... the 11th!

anyone else?
You'll have to try to get some net access and tell us how great it is during that week so we can get even more excited than we will allready be (or are)!!! Cheers.

nulla.... were planing on geting net access if we can! we wanna take out laptops so we can connect ova there but as u all know theres been topics on this before and we dont know if we'll be able to get access!!!

anyways hanging for it!

OMG..... you are kidding... you want to take your laptop!!! arnt you going on holiday... cant you get away from the thing just for a few weeks and rely on the web cafes that may be available? :rolleyes: confused.gif

fair enough if you were going away for work but c'mon!!

Obviously not lama my friend...Lots of strange things go on in that old town of NISEKO! What lies ahead for these newbies! Let us not devulge too much of it then Lama! They will find out... oh yes they will....

u really think that we are taking laptops to sit inside all day and play computer games.....

come on... were did u guys get that idea...

as if were going to travel 1/2 way accross the world to do that!

the only reason we'd take them is cause we want to store the digital photos we take so we can take more the next day we'd do it like every few days late after we'd been out boarding all day!

ur all crazy! how can u scrifice the idea ofkeeping the photos u take!

If you have a 64Mb card for you digital just how many pictures do you plan on taking?? Ive got almost 300 on it right now... I wouldnt even bother trying to take my gloves off up there during the winter to get a few snaps off. And, if youre taking THAT many pictures then youre not boarding enough :rolleyes:

I've only got an 8mb card for my camera. Which is why it would be handy to take mine or Sam's laptop. I don't really want to fork out more money for another memery card, especially when i don't have to.

With my camera i can very easily take photos wearing gloves. Plus, its not like its takes a long time to take a photo. Especially considering that you will be able to look back at those photos for years and years to come and remember what a great time it was.

i have an 8mb card too...

i do have a dv tape too...

how hard is it to slip ya glove off when ya on a gondala or a lift or just a snap at the top of the mountain... not very hard if u ask me!

and when u have ppl at home family and friends that havent been to the snow the appreciate it as much as we do!

u should all stop being so negative to wards the laptop and DV cam thing!

You can now get something like 128MB cards for 10,000 yen or less and they hold stacks of photos, even at high resolution. Lower the res a bit and you'd have to be snapping all day to fill them up.

Pretty much same applies to the 64 MB, and they're only 6,000 yen or less. You can by them anywhere here.

Using an 8 MB card and bringing a computer over to save 6,000 yen is a complete joke.

Because tasty gear like that gets nicked in Japan these days, and that wouldn't leave you with many happy memories now would it?

With just a digital camera with sufficient memory attached to your belt, you won't have nothing to worry about.