• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stayed at Lodge Uranaka last year. The food was really pretty good. The owners seemed really friendly and insisted on practising their english. The place itself is pretty basic but really near the gelende and the town. A good place. You'll have a good time.

In Hiroshima you should go to Miyajima and the Peace Park. Let us know when u'll be here. We can give u tips on bars and restaurants, maybe even have a mini SJ get together.

Nulla - a small fortune!!!

The final price is about $3500, maybe a bit more actually. This is all inclusive. Flights, accomodation (the whole time), transfers etc etc. Everything.. well except food (obviously).

Originally we tried to go through SnoWave but once we said that we wanted to go to Tokyo as well, it got very confusing for them and nasically said that it wasn't possible because the flights were all booked up.

So, we went to STA Travel (who we booked our Thailand trip with at the end of last year) and we got student priced flights, plus they got us the flights we wanted.

How much did you guys end up paying? You went through SnoWave didn't you Nulla???

cheers

EDIT - by the way this is Drew, not Sam, im at Sam's and didn't log her out! whoopies!!

Drew, one of my travel companions works for japan airlines (and is a friend of snowave) so making comparisons price wise wouldn't be fair. Sorry. I was just interested to see what sort of discount we were receiving!!!

I think the price you are paying is not that bad... I have heard of others paying as much as $4000 for something similar to what you are doing.

It is going to be so so so sweet, I can't wait to get over there. Have you been O/S snowboarding before?

You can all sit around in a circle and play the party game "I went to Niseko in January, and I took with me ... a digital film studio ... a Cray supercomputer ... the kitchen sink ... a bogbrush ...", and then the first person who gets the list wrong has to do some whacky forfeit about which you can all remind each other cryptically on this forum for years to come.

Fatty and the Cray supercomputer! Cor, that was a shocker!

Sounds like a great game, Ocean, but I think your original list was missing something:

Quote:
You can all sit around in a circle and play the party game "I went to Niseko in January, and I took with me ... a digital film studio ... a Cray supercomputer ... an Echineko.... the kitchen sink ... a bogbrush ...",

Just so you know where that came from, Miteyak:

Quote:
echineko

SJG Forum Member

Member # 516

Member Rated:

posted 18. October 2002 07:13 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to go there. Someone take me!

Mind you, you are absolutely right, my thing is always there for Miss Naughty Cat.

Nulla - nup i have never been OS snowboarding before. I have been following the weather in Niseko pretty closely and am getting myself (and Sam) very excited about it!!! i cant believe how much snow they have had already! Especially when you compare it to here!!!!!

Lucky you having a contact in Snowave!! Ba$tard!!!! \:D

nah, she's sure about that one.....

heres a tip that i learned while instructing in america...

one day when your not expecting it, get drew to push you from behind and then work out which foot you put forward (fall onto) to steady yourself.... in most cases that foot will also be your front foot while riding...

but, you gotta make sure your not expecting it, and you also gotta make sure you don't turn around and slap him in the face for pushing you he he he he ;\) cause he wont be happy bout that....

Wait a minute, I thought this thread is about who`s heading up to Niseko in Jan? \:\) SnoboYaro will make himself available to the great mountains of Niseko Sun Jan 12th-Tue Jan 14th. Hope to see y`all SJ members up there!

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboard_freak:
Nulla - if you instructed in the states i dont think i would be quite up to your standard of boarding!!! I might have to try pushing Sam, followed by a swift duck!

Nice photo isn't it!!
having instructed in the states is no guarantee of ability.... I PROMISE... I knew a few blokes who instructed yet couldn't even get their own boots on ;\)