I love the snow! I depend on it. Even though I now reside in Florida, I miss it. I am out of the 2003 ski season do to an injury but will be at most of the large east coast resorts this winter. I have travel most to most of the worlds great ski countries but have found an odd calling and love for the North Eastern US. I have found that over the past 5 years, the snow quality has been the same if not better than out west, with exceptions to UT and the surrounding area. I was in CO and it was ice. Two days later I was at Sunday River and it was pure powder. I think that the resent weather changes had a lot to do with it but it still is and will continue to be a great ride in New England.

After Nozawa New England is incredible these days.

Kenji Nozawa

I would say Ive never hated snow nor have I hated the beach - but when you cant get to it you may become a little pissed off though... Also, I never skied until coming to Japan - gotta hate the southern part of the US... just friggin cold!! When it snows where Im from the entire state shuts down eek.gif

Where I live in Japan the majority of people hate the cold but I think what the problem is that very few of them ski. Everyone does it instead of PE at school, the little ones are hooning around the school ground in their cross country skis and they have days at the ski field, so I think the novelty wears off a bit. Perhaps a bit like a big grassy field for us but thats open to debate. To be fair there is a lot of snow to shovel here in winter and being good citizens everyone (except me) does it religiously, gets up at like 630am to dig the front door out. But it does get you warm and toasty and give you a buffed up bod, shame the only people that see it are the other ladies in the onsen!

so the problem I feel is that they dont ski enough, just spend the winter under the kotatsu getting sterile...