1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Figure skating should not be in the olympics. It 's not a sport! People dancing around basically doing the same tricks which is judged rather than someone passing a finish line first is not a sport for me. I really like the half-pipe and downhill events. Those guys have massive balls!

Is your real name Thomas, as in, two-way-Tommy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mudguts:

... basically doing the same tricks which is judged rather than someone passing a finish line first is not a sport

Quote:
But hang on.....

I really like the half-pipe

Mate, you can't have it both ways lol.gif

(Cricketers universally hate stuff like figure skating. My old boss was almost literally a walking cricket bat and by god, you should have heard what he said about synch swimming etc. Very funny it was)

Quote:
Originally posted by SerreChe:
Too many drug cheats, a real turn-off.
No. The real turn off is the ridiculous heavy handed lengths to which the IOC et al are going, to catch the "drug cheats"
In their ethical crusade to rid drugs from sport is also stiffling the sport itself.

Case in point the balding American skeleton bob rider who got banned today for a hair growth stimulant! (apparantly its recently banned chemical for being a masking agent)
He was apparantly cleared by the US authorities but then banned in Turin by the authorites there.

''Mr. Lund was not well served by the anti-doping organizations. The Panel concluded that Mr. Lund bears no significant fault or negligence."
They knew he was taking the medication prior to it being banned but failed to tell him it was now banned! He then fails a test...oops sorry.

They even agreed he was no cheat, but banned him anyway. cough*bullsh%t*cough

Now Thats a feel good moment.

.......I can see it now.... "sorry it appears you have been using Oxygen, as you well know it was banned this January as a performance enhancing element, traces were found in your lung, you gold medal will be immediately stripped"

annoyed.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by charlotte:
I don't see the point in the silly opening ceremony. Never liked that kind of thing. Who does?
well actually, just watched it on NHK, must say it was one of the better ceremonies that I have seen. The F1 Ferarri doing donuts in the stadium was a zany touch, it must have been insanely loud, echoing in an enclosed stadium.
The abseilling team who fisihed up with the group eagle was cool.
Pavrotti singing one of his classics was also good except for the stupid cow commentationg whe tried to talk over him -WTF? moron.
The flame lighting was spectacular, all and all an enjoyable ceremony. Those Italians sure have style.
Well done Turin...ahem Torino!
thumbup.gif