I bought a house in Japan!

After months of looking at houses, choosing a lovely one, signing the contract, paying the deposit and then 2.5 weeks of waiting to hear the verdict from the bank, it's all systems go and we have bought a house (don't know if u remember my thread from way back in the summer).

I'm sooo excited about it (despite the fact that I was against buying in japan a few onths ago). Will move in before Christmas.

The bad news though is that coz we have to buy things like beds, aircons, new sofa etc etc, we'll not have the funds to make trips to Hokkaido and Tohoku! That part is devastating! Might be able to manage something if I can use my airmiles to get 2 plane tix (actually have enuff miles for 4 return flights in Japan) but trying to get reservations using airmiles is pretty hard.

Donations welcome, ha ha!

Seriously anyone else interested in buying real estate in japan?

Thanks for the congrats!

I think it's too far out of your way, but ur welcome all the same. At this point in my excitement, I'm telling everyone! Now I'm more excited about Niseko at New Year! Anyone else be there?

Nr Big Arch - a place called Satsugi ga oka. It's not huge, total floor space is about 120metres squared. My apartment is 84 but both are 4ldks. Most of the extra space in the house is stairs, hallway, cupboards and extra loo. It's new and bali style inside and out and is just luverrly!

I'll stop going on about it now.

Not rich, no Stomach. (And Markie is right, I never will be now).

Nigel - Never been to Geihoku (only 1 yr in Hiroshima and went to Niseko and Zao last year.

Yuki's Passion, thanks for ur kind words and also, don't worry, we'll get to the mountain too. Scored some plane tix to Hokkaido for New Year (5 days) using air miles - so kind of free. Just checking out accommodation now. Will also try to get to Geihoku or mizuho in jan if snow is still there. How bout u?

Cheeseman.....if u get me a fondue set as a house warming przzie, I'll provide the cheese!

Sharon,

Wont be in Hiroshima for much longer as Im leaving for Hokkaido \:D But, I do recommend getting over to Ohira(Geihoku Kokusai) much nicer than Kokusai as its bigger and has more runs and theyre longer. If youre a skier I recommend you check out Osorokan - Pretty nice and usually has the best dumpings. 191 is pretty good too. (think thats the name-cant remember). Enjoy!