Japan - out of the terrorist spotlight?

Im new here as you can see by my number of posts, but just wondering, alot of you are from NZ, Aus, England? and of course Japan, anyone from the US? just wondering how you guys and your friends feel about the US, and the people from there, I mean is there a common stereotype about us? like our common stereotype about the french for instance hehe

oh yes and the "attack" on Camp Zama with the mortars, it actually flew over a portion of the base and hit a japanese house (nobodys hurt), but i heard it was the act of a japanese extremist group just letting us know that they're still out there

AsterG - i really really doubt that there will ever be an end to terrorism, except if the world got destroyed that is! (and that might not be as "out there" as it sounds) Terrorism has been around for a long time. Its just that recently is has been shoved into the lime light because of the most recent acts if violence. In time (probably decades away) the amount of terrorist action taking place may decline, but it will always be there.

It's a depressing thought i know, but lets face it, the world we live at the moment is pretty sh!tty. So everyone go and get hammered and have a good time!! \:D \:D

Cheers

I'm with the Dr on this one. What do you think will happen to make terorrism decrease in future decades. Unless we all suddenly become friends and turn into Star Trek, seems to me it will only increase. We're laden with it, and it will become much worse.

mad.gif

Like i have already said, i think it will decrease in the long term. I don't ever think it will fully stop, i never said that.

Think about how much terrorism has been going in the last year and bit since September 11. Since then there has been fairly regular attacks, obviously not on the sam escale as Sept 11, but terrorist attacks none-the-less. I am sure that while WW2 was going on that everyone was thinking "Oh sh!t, this is never going to end". Well, it did. Because we are currently in the thick of it, it may be harder to see an end to it all. I am confident that there will be an end to it at some stage. How? I don't know. It may come down to the whole world being destroyed as we know it. Then its back to the beginning and evolution will start over.

I don't know how much worse it is going to get, its really bad at the moment, the world wouldn't last long if it got much worse. Everyone is on edge and just waiting to go nuts.

Bottom line is - everything ends. One way or another. Nothing lasts forever.