Scouser/Jared - If you already have a broadband router than go out and buy a Linksys "WAP11" 802.11b Wireless Acess Point. Hook this up to your router. Unless you have an enormous house it should work throughout.

If you don't have a router you can get the Linksys "BEFW11S4" which has both the router and access point built together. I think both Ocean and Deebee can atest to the ease of Linksys setup...errr. Well trust me, Linksys is as easy as it is gonna get.

I have a wireless LAN going on in my house. If you're already hooked up to ADSL, it's real simple as the good man said.

Just hook up the new wireless LAN tower thing, do a few settings and it should be ok.

\:\)

ioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioio

Try plugging head phones into your filofax and see how much music comes out. You could also plug your pocket diary into your computer but I doubt you'd be able to read many websites or e-books on it when you're done...

How do them things connect up to the internet then? Do you need to be near your landline, or is there some way to connect to Docomo phone or something? confused.gif

You can use a cellphone, which I haven't got, or a LAN if you're close to one. But you can also load webpages into your device from its cradle, and read them later which is what I do.

And you can play games on them. When I was a salaryman I used to go and sit on the toilet and play a very compelling WW1 flying ace game on my Handspring.

Take a look at the photo - there's a little keyboard on the thing. You can also enter on a software keyboard or by writing the text (Graffiti?)

This was really cool.....turn the display round to bend back down on itself, and the whole display switches so that it is the same way round. Very cool. I don't think I explained that very well...hmmm sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...