since my last post I seen "Free Radicals - a ski odyssey 2001" its a sweedish ski movie I found on Kazaa. Its great to get a break from American movies that flick from the Camp of champions to Alaska for the whole movie. There was only 10 mins of jibbing tops. But the big mountain was different enough from other movies iv seen not to get boaring. They also managed to include some telemarking without some guy going on about how its equal to or better than alpine skiing/snowboarding, he just skied the same big lines as the others and it was almost hard to tell that he was telemarking. While I have no concience when it comes to downloading Hollywood movies, I do feel a bit guilty getting this one for free as its obviously a small bunch of guys just makin a movie (not that its low budget). But it did wake me up to the fact that there are good ski movies being made in Europe.

http://www.downfilm.se/promo/index.html

and - yes I have seen the Realm and I loved it but had to leave it and area 51 at home in New Zealand as PAL tapes dont work here only NSTC.

notonlybutalso I seen The Others last night and rate it fairly highly.

• 4 weeks later...

Two Towers - excellent. Must see.

Die Another Day - good. Good to see Bonds back to the "crazy dude wanting to take over the world" theme. A bit OTT, but good fun all the same.

Nemesis - very average.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

saw a whole bunch on a plane flight recently. Non stuck in my mind. Probably the biggest impression was from Sweet Home Alabama, which left me thinking that southern girls seem cute, so long as they look like Rees Witherspoon.