The 'It just cracks me up' thread

Good thread idea hey?

One of the things that just cracks me up big time is the "pose" that Jpoppers take when their songs finish. They look so serious getting into place and then got to get that final post right for the final notes of the "song".

Hey yeah, anyone else notice that hardly any Jpop songs fade out - they all find some way to end? Naff/

what cracks me up is seeing westerners so proud of being a "Gaijin" and trying so hard to experience the county in a way that the average expat couldn't. It is as though it is a competition to be the model gaijin.

Good ?

Pauseeeeeee, think, chug beer, crack knuckles.......

Gaiigen men who think they are soooo hot and cool and try to pick up cute japanese woman. In their prior desperate life back home were complete losers and couldn't even pick up a potato sack. Once their roots have soaked in they realize "OH my god I'm such a stud and can get laid all the time" These men truly beiieve that they have the ability to pick up anything that has a skirt. The most funniest thing is when they try thier sugoi moves on one of our Japanese\N.Americaned ladies. That's what I've noticed in my own amusing world.

My question is this:

Who's using who here?

I think the woman are happy about this present situation and are more than willing to obliege.

Nigel

heres a good one from today....

we had a fire drill at work today...after the bell, everyone went outside and lined up...the local firedept. set up a smoke filled tent, which all 200 some employees had to walk through as "training" for a real fire....this was a riot....of course, i was the only one laughing for some reason...

danz

klingon, in the summer, the name badges of the 7-11 staff include a large photo of cool and tempting 'reimen', with a large title that says 'reimen'. This turns the already hopelessly de-personalized shop clerk into a walking advertisement for cold noodles. You might even be forgiven for thinking that his name was 'Reimen-san'. They may do the same thing for flavoursome oden too.

I find this very funny indeed.

jared, I'm always amused by how Japanese people automatically follow a gaijin jaywalker out into heavy traffic and are then shocked to discover that you have to be pretty alert to jaywalk successfully. 'Oh, somebody's walking, it must be time to walk now, let's all walk'. On a good day, you can net yourself at least 3 victims at one go.

yes, those 6" to short pants do look silly. I also giggle at the typical appearance concious women who spend up on nice high heels with the high strap at the back. They then flop around in them like a pair of slippers with the strap under their foot rather than fastened behind the ankle. Oh, and the 'look at how classy I am! I have a louis Vuitton bag/accessory' thing is a little funny as well.

watching women clunk around in their boots that are obviously too difficult to walk around in

bosouzoku - they just look so cute in their uniforms

Kogyaru - just a laugh a minute

Puri kura - geeze, people line up for hours for those stupid things. Yes. I have taken them...

Konpa's - now that is something that all gaijin should experience... many times!! \:D

All the weird English programs that are on TV

Uniform checks for the students - is this a prison or a school?

Anytime you ask a question that requires a thought or thinking you get the Wakaran answer or chyotto wakaranai desune.

Going up to a stranger to ask something (speaking Japanese) and they dont even listen and respond I donto speeku Eegurishu confused.gif

Ocean, yup, Ive got a few people too by Jwalking. How can we teach common sense to people who havent learned it.

One more thing: people who stand at an intersection waiting for the signal to change when there are no cars around for miles \:D

I wonder whats going to crack me up whenever I go back to the states...

When I was in Japan the thing that cracked me up was when some Japanese didn't recognise (didn't want to recognise) I was speaking (admittedly bad) Japanese to them, saying that they dont understand English.

I hear this happens many times with some even if you are fluent at Japanese.

Order a meal at a fami-resu, cheese hamburg or something like that. Comes and you get like 3 five-cm fried-potatos/chips. How do they have the nerve?

That gets me as well, cal. When I took my parents there they just looked at the place in disbelief before I had to explain to them why they only got 3 french fries.