I found out that mine didn't like to be dropped. After it's third drop from a substantial height I guess it no longer liked me cause it stopped.

good actually casue it was a pain in the butt transferring CD's to MDs.

I think MD's will follow along the same path of tapes shortly.

I seen a fine MP3 player the other day in the shape of a cassette tape. to listen to it you could either shove the whole thing into a tape player or plug in some headphones - mp3 players will be better when they have cheaper memory sticks or giant amounts of memory buitl in

I definately think MDs are the way to go. I had my old one since 1998 and just upgraded to one thats got over 100 hrs playback. 100 hours! Thats like a week of non stop listening! And it weighs something stupid like 60g. Sure they have their faults but I think they are much better and cheaper than anything else around at the moment. I gave my old one a fair bashing and throwing around and it still worked fine. Ive got the recordable part in my stereo and so with about 60 mds that a hulluva lot of savings on CDs. And like someone said just record over the ones you dont like anymore, make good compilations etc. MP3 players are up and coming but nothing beats the simplicity of getting a mates CD and hitting record. And in a country where you can rent CDs...