What's everyone doing for New Year?

sarcastic response:

i have a cracker of a evening planned!

Fact:

At the very last minute my GF had to delay her arrival in Tokyo so now I wont see her until after NYE and my dog is going off for 7 days of dog hotel on the 31st, so I don't even have him to celebrate with!

Net result:

I think I will attempt to wax my board with my iron wrapped in al-foil.

What kind of music was at Yokohama? Live band?

My gig was a hoot. 2 rooms next to each other on the 5th floor. A couple of guys I know - DJ and singer were doing the soul/disco/countdown show in one room and I was doing the quiet 'jazz bar' thing in the other room for those who wanted to chill, not party. I'll try and give more notice next time there's something that might be remotely interesting.

Well, went to the parte', but it was cold and raining (on and off) so I didn't go for a swim.

Did get to watch a very drunk, very pretty redhead run in and out of the surf and get herself wet, then had to help her back up the beach to the house \:D

Drank too much, but didn't get arrested, so all in all, a successful evening.

The main person of the band Toshinori Kondo is a very spiritual jazz?? trumpeter. He was a producer of the World Sacred Music Festival in Hiroshima.

If you like spiritual people, you'll like him. Others are guiter, bass, DJs and a man looks like Digital geek. Motion Blue Yokohama is a branch of the Blue Note. Some musicians play in Yokohama before or after Blue Note. Always cheaper and more interesting.

Enjoy snow on the mountain, Enjoy music in the city!

I also love to enjoy music surrounded by nature.

Sounds good, slow. World music is right up my ally. I've heard of Motion Blue but never been there. Yokohama's a little far to hang out, though I do sometimes work there and it's probably worth checking out if there's something special on.