Help me budget - spending money

I'm on my way from Australia to Niseko on the weekend. I'll need to allow for about 16 days spending money (mostly just food - will have access to a kitchen and plan to do it fairly cheeply if possible) so I need some advice.

1) How much should I budget for spending money? Will 3400 y per day (AUS 50 bucks) be sufficient?

2) Is there anywhere in Niseko/Kutchan where in case of emergency I could use an Australian visa card to withdraw cash?

Thanks heaps.

Null's tis a public holiday here in Jaz land and my guess is everyone is on the slopes sliding!

Me, I am at work mad.gif

Can't help with this as don't know that much about Niseko, but I think you could probably live for a little less each day. The major expense will most likely be the drinking.

I would imagine you could get by on a little less. Like the man said, depends how much you plan to drink. Budget about 500¥ a beer if you are out. 180¥ for a can of the cheap stuff at a convenience store. (These are Nagano prices so it could differ I guess).

Quote:
Originally posted by nulla:

2) Is there anywhere in Niseko/Kutchan where in case of emergency I could use an Australian visa card to withdraw cash?
Anyone have any insight on this?

Yes I definately think that alcohol will be your budget killer. You can eat cheaply, esp if your doing you cooking but vege and meat are waaaay more expensive than oz so dont think the vegetarian option will be cheap. Just make sure youve got a bit of a buffer in your budget too incase something happens, you get wasted and blow 10,000 etc... you should be right on 50 bucks a day though, just get tanked before you go out. Try and get some lunch deal too with your lift pass cos the slope food in Nagano can kill your budget.

Quote:
 Quote:

Anyone have any insight on this?
Don;t know about in Japan, but I used my Visa throught the UK without any problems. However my Visa acts as a debit card as well, so I could withdraw from my bank account or from the Credit line.
Best thing is to check with your bank what their international links are, and what symbol to look for on an ATM.

off topic, BTW are you from Cro'
 Quote:
Nulla,
As far as I remember, there are no ATM machines in Kutchan and Niseko. I'm sure there is a bank in Kutchan, though: you'd better bring some AU$ with you, just in case, and change it there.

Hey Nulla..$50 a day is pretty good,gives you scope for beer binge. We did the long stay last season on $30 a day no prob and had some big ones..some days you spend..some you dont.Just buy the biggest bottle of Jack duty free and do the old pour it in the coke bottle and take it everywhere you go out.Just leave it outside in the snow and zip out for a ice cold swig when you need to.Just have beers as a chaser.Oh yeah, spirits are much better value to buy than beer, you'll spin when you buy your first one...you'll see, it'll bring a smile to the dial.

We withdrew money on probs from Kutchan post office on ATM , but you may have to get someone to come out and help you change it to english..but easier and safe as mate, bring cash, cash,cash..just have back up creddy if you need.

When you flying out? You on JAL or Qantas?

Nulla, I'm out on Sunday, I'll check you up there..have a few beers at Fatty's ..I'll keep an eye out for ya ..get ready to spin..naah mate you'll love it..Has the pont been firing lately?

In Melbs and only 1 more day!