Weekend party - violence??

From nekobi's journals:

"fun party that night at valance, but unfortunately there was some out-of-control drunk(s) who liked punching things, including people. i felt really bad bc guys i know got hurt and the organizers who put in so much effort had to deal with idiots who get violent. hope it doesn't ruin the chances of another big aet ski trip at hakuba next year."

:rolleyes:

i didn't see it happen, but i saw the blood on my friends' faces, broken walls, and pulled out speakers. really shitty bc most people travelled a long way for the chance to ski and party with fellow aets. i think it was just one crazy guy who with too much testosterone and alcohol in his system. it sucks when the actions of one person can perpetuate the negative stereotype of gaijins.

Yeah 2 mates got punched, curtians pulled down, windows broken, walls punched in and a bit of ill feeling and a scar made. People are such idiots somtimes. Aparently the guy has been found and theres some shit going down, I hope he gets whats coming to him. Some people are such idiots when they have too much alcohol, absolutely no excuses at all.

\:\(

Now if there had been a big table full of all the cheeses - both popular cheeses like Cheddar and Edam as well as some less well known varieties. If that had been the case, everyone would have got along and I'm sure some good Cheese Songs would have been heard during the early hours of the morning as all the revellers start talking about their cheese experiences and everyone becomes friends.

Never been very fond of bouncers myself, but it's at times like that when you see their value. And in European bars where there aren't bouncers, bar staff will tend to keep a selection of 'dual-use items' that would amaze even Saddam.

i know one of the assailers and I gotta stick up for him.

the guy he hit was sleeping with one of the assailers friend's wives, and is now with the girl after the inevitable divorce. i think that kindov action deserves a beat-down, and if you put yourself in that kindov a position you should expect it. it was only one punch. no big deal.

so yeah i said it, like it or not, bad rep for gaijin or not. it's karma and I think anyone would agree with me if their wife was sleepin with some guy.

unless the guy with your wife/gf is your mate, he owes you nothing. It is the married womans fault, she is the one with the obligation to not sleep with other men. As much as you hate the other guy, you cant clobber him, all he did was "be a bloke" (ie, went out and tried to get a bit - I am sure that most men... and plenty of girls... here have done that).

However, if the guy that was with the wife knew the husband, then yes, he deserved a red-snot nose.

I obviously don't know the specifics here, so take this in the general sense.

I also don't infer that the woman should have been the one punched either.

This has happened to me plenty of times and I have never tried to deal out revenge to the guy with my gf (although I did set a guy up once for being a drug dealer, which he was. he spent 6mths in the can. ha ha ha. somehow I dont think the night with my now ex-gf was worth it for him)

ps - barok, not meaning to sound insensitive to your mate here, sorry if it came across that way. dont worry, I am feeling for him and anyone that it happens to. it sucks.

Ummm theres a whole lot more to the story here than meets the eye. Both the people that are now divorced are really nice people but there is a reason why the marriage broke up and Im telling you that it wasnt because she hooked up with someone else.

The guy that did the punching probably thought he was sticking up for a mate but I think he was just ready to rumble and it was a good excuse. If he really was a mate he would have known more of the story because God knows the rest of Nagano does.

I believe in another thread someone claims there is no excuse for violence (that couldn't have been the 'Barok resists removal from a private resort, comes back and cops a few blows upon a second removal attempt could it?')

You can't have it both ways, violence is either an acceptable way to solve moral disputes or it aint. Sounds like the above dispute was already solved legally (divorce) anyway.

Personally, I find violence or aggressive behaviour especially offensive in Japan, as generally there are no means to deal with it, and a few cowardly gaijin take advantage.

Speaking from experience here, but there is enough broken sound equipment in that club without anyone having a go at what's left.

It won't be replaced, that's for sure. \:\(

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
the cheating wife deserves a slap and if the offending guy is a friend then let him get a beating from hell.
well done indo, you said what i wanted to except in about 200 less words.
\:\)
 Quote:
I believe in another thread someone claims there is no excuse for violence (that couldn't have been the 'Barok resists removal from a private resort, comes back and cops a few blows upon a second removal attempt could it?')

You can't have it both ways, violence is either an acceptable way to solve moral disputes or it aint. Sounds like the above dispute was already solved legally (divorce) anyway.

Personally, I find violence or aggressive behaviour especially offensive in Japan, as generally there are no means to deal with it, and a few cowardly gaijin take advantage.
Well said, sir.

Hate to say it folks but this thread reads like a article from Cosmopolitan magazine! Great toilet reading!!!

My sympathies to all involved of course, but if you take a step back and read this thread you will get where I am coming from.

Oh and yes I am an avid reader of Cosmopolitan. Only on the toilet of course. cool.gif