• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Scott Rose is gaga for his iPod.

“Imagine being in a romance so perfect, you wonder how you ever managed to survive before this person came into your life,” said Rose, a 33-year-old Los Angeles computer consultant. “That's how I feel about my iPod.”

Rose's passion for his digital music player stems less from the mysterious chemistry of human devotion than from the calculating precision of Apple Computer Inc. engineers, who designed the iPod to elicit the same sort of warm, gooey feelings most people associate with love.

The tiny player's curves, for instance, are baby smooth.

“It really begs to be caressed,” said Apple's Greg Joswiak.

Its reflective stainless steel back demands constant polishing. People use it as a mirror

read that I laughed is Veronica really Scott Rose and is the vpod really the scottpod???
lol.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
I'm with you sunrise. Mine is going on 2 and is kickin along fine.
Battery hasnt been a problem for me (only when I am in the car with the iTrip connected, but thats expected).
Well, just one day after typing that message my ipod froze!
I couldn't reset it manually so i had to delete the lot and re install the software (very easy task)
Now it seems to be running much better.. so everybody wipe em and reinstall!

Nano looks lovely but 4Gb for 27,000! I can get a ipod color 30gig for an extra ichiman. I have been seriously thinking about a smaller one for the gym or running so I am waiting for the shuffle to drop in price.

my ipod died (kinda) the night before a 24 hour flight from sydney-japan-toronto.

its still busted (a week later) and when you turn it on an apple is on the screen followed by some loud churning sounds and a picture of a file with an exclamation mark. i tried resetting it, plugging it in etc. the battery doesnt die either.

i think im going to have to send it back.

Manda, sounds like you need to RESTORE it, Not reset it.

Sounds like what happened to mine. Took me about half an hour to find out how to fix and get it done.

Look at This page and follow the instructions for putting it into DISK MODE then RESTORE it. Also download the latest version of the ipod software.

the above link is for a mac, if you have a windows PC the try this one..

I have an Ipod Mini. Unfortunately, it is a first generation and the battery lasts only about 7 or 8 hours and that is if everything is optimized (Eq off and reasonable volume). The newer ones have much better batteries.

I like the size of the mini. There is now the Nano which is even smaller, in color, with no moving parts (flash memory) and a 14 hour battery life between charges. Comes in 4 and 2 Meg versions.

I have the 4 Meg Mini. I have used it boarding. The thing is one piece of wrap-around aluminum. Unbreakable for the most part. The amplifier on the normal size ipod can go louder with no distortion. The mini distorts a bit at high volume. I love it though. Instead of swapping CDs or MDs, I am listening to music. I currently have 791 songs on mine. Love it, Love it.

I travel for work so I spend hours upone hours on Shinkansen and Airplanes.

I have 2ng gen ipod mini 6gb. I pondered for ages before buying because of reported battery probs.Thought 2nd gen minis had better battery life. Bought in Feb, battery now wont hold it's charge. Apple store told me to return to Apple for repair under warranty. Did and received it back yesterday. They said it was fine 'working within apple's parameters'. Plugged it in and charged all day today at work. Lasted for 15 mins on commute home. No power, battery error message.Off to Apple store tomorrow to complain (to which they'll say once again; return to Apple) :-(

I liked the look of the Sony NW3 but bought the ipod because of all the 3rd party accessories (itrip etc) but I have heard the sony's battery is excellent. Anyway further confirms my prejudices about apple: it may not work, cost you a fortune, but aint it pretty.

If you want a flash player, there are many smaller better cheaper options out there than apple. The nanopod looks sweet, but the price is steep.

The same can be said for HDD players too.

Go to a big store, Joshin, Midori or whatever and check them out.

Seems that the Ipod needs a mention in the 'status symbols' thread.

p.s any read Time magazine? Apple seems to get huge coverage in that magazine. Steve Jobs must have shares or something.