• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question. Why do you need 10, 15+ hours on one of these things anyway?

Maybe for an international flight, but apart from that is more than a handful of hours actually necessary??

Well yeah it is. I used to commute to work, work in the lab for 6-8 hours listening to the pod, then commute home again. That's 8-10 hours easy. Also it's handy if you forget to charge it at night, or you are without your charger. Believe me it's handy.

Quote:
Originally posted by big-will:
By the way, why do you want to run XP on a Mac. (Isn't the whole point of a Mac to be anti-Windows?)
I have to have a windows running machine for the resource CD's and exams that my school sends me.
There are a few handy programs that aren't made at all for mac, so i really have the best of both worlds.
I don't use the XP much.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey I just downloaded the new version of itunes. I had heard somewhere that video was supported in there now. Can't see anything though... are we gonna have a videovPod soon?

16 bit and higher mono recording can be had by booting into Linux for earlier generation iPods (like mine \:\) ). I know of a film recordist friend who had recommended this method to a client. According to the below article it seems it's possible to record in 16 bit stereo too, I'm now trying to find out further details.

link here

Your iPod will do 8 bit mono using one of those 3rd party mics (Belkin, etc). So far it seems that G can't do higher bitrates. Perhaps the Linux folk will find a way, but so far I haven't read about it.

If it's mucking up on you take it to the Apple Store in Osaka while it's still under warranty. They'll check it out for you.

I read somewhere that Apple may well get out of the "making ipods" business - profits declining - and let others do that nasty business for them. Does that sound likely?

buying an ipod in 2 days, so stoked.

is it true that you cant run your ipod off win98? i got quite the budget set-up here, and im not sure if XP is going to be an option.