• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont take your Ipod out running with you - my damn thing froze on me and still doesnt wanna turn on. Its a P.O.S.!!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

First time Ive done anything remotely active with it and it doesnt work at all. Tried everything I could thing of and will look on the net now but amm thinking that a visit to Yodobashi is in order \:\(

vPod is holding up really well actually. After about a month it dipped in the total amount of playing time but seems to have been steady since then. I try to keep it out of extreme cold, I found it was really lazy when cold.

thats the main problem with my mandaPod and living through canadian winters.

there are days when i take it out and its -10 degrees. i try to keep it in an inside pocket but i can still see the battery life being pretty poor.

Hi guys, long time no post. Now living and working in Perth Western Oz and loving the surfing, kite-surfing and good Cab Sav/Merlot's

I have told my story before in earlier posts, but here is a warning to new iPod users. Look in the fine print and you will see that battery life is (or used to be) based on the life you get when you repeat ONE song again and again. So when after 7 months of happy ownership and heavy use my dPod would only give me 2 hours of playtime (reallife playime that is)I made the trek up to Ginza only to be told that my ipod was working within spec for it's age. Now the battery life you get by playing one song on repeat is completely different to real battery life, because it only has to spin up the hard drive once, then the song is in cache memory.So they told me they could get 4 hours out of it. Now this is a crappy trick by apple, as most of you agree that nobody listens to one song again and again. This is misleading and annoying when it comes time for you to claim warranty. I reccommend that EVERYONE who buys an ipod gets the extended warranty, because in 2 years most people won't be happy with the battery life they are getting. After 18 months of ownership my ipod won't even play without be plugged in and that is SHIT in anyones language. For the price of a new battery from Apple you may as well buy a new ipod so it looks like 3rd party battery for me, which in Oz could be tough.

It's a pity because in many ways it is a great product. There are better players out there people, open you eyes, and if you say you don't care that you are getting a bad deal and copping planned obsolesence (sp?)then you are a fool and deserve to be parted with your money. The thing should have a replaceable battery and that's that

Not happy!

Hi to all the SJ crew of old, hope you had a ripping winter. I miss the snow and all my Sj mates. Enjoy!

7 months and down to 2 hours? Sounds like you had a real dodgy batter to start off with - mine is getting a lot of use and I've had it longer and I still get much more than that.... no problems here \:\) I haven't tested it, but I'd say I can get over 5 hours.

Yeah of course the battery was a but dodgy, but my point was that because of the misleading apple warranty wording, they flat out refused to replace it. Short of chaining myself to the help desk at the Ginza apple store I had to like it or lump it.It was a bit suss because the drop to two hours occured at the same time as a major ipod firmware upgrade. The point is, and I have made it many times before, is that the thing should have a replaceable battery. Buy a spare, carry it with you, and if you pod runs out of juice just swap it over. I am angry with it and the service and I am not the lone ranger. This is a problem for many people. Soooooo I am jumping ship. Creative here I come! wave.gif

I am really happy that you still get heaps of playtime out of the vPod, bully for you ;\)

Gripe over. Hey where is Ocean and db these days?

OK \:D

I wonder how the newer ipods get on. I presume yours is 3g?

Tell us how your new one goes!

Ocean has retired and db (34 guests) has just today got back from a long hols in France (see Chamonix thread in snow talk)