Thanks for the info everybody. Much appreciated! I do have a computer so thats not a problem, but theres 10gigs of music on it right now so I need to get an external hard drive for my laptop and move that stuff over - and hopefully onto a MP3 player too. Its great being able to download stuff off the net for free eh? \:D

After spending enough money on ski gear I think its time for one of those little gadgets, just cant decide which one yet.... Would like to get one before Hakuba this winter but dunno. I know that the cold weather affects the battery but have heard of peeps putting shippu-type patches over the battery and that seems to increase the duration during cold weather. What have other people done? I guess if its resting against your body under your jacket that would help sum too yeah?

thanks again. Maybe SJ could do an Ipod giveaway - directly to me ;\)

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

urgh, i think my computer hates my ipod.

last night i managed to get 3000 or so songs on to it without a problem.

then when i went to add more this morning a warning error keeps popping up and iTunes refuses to recognise that its plugged in.

great - now it has completely stalled on the "do not disconnect screen" even when ive shut my computer down. i cant turn it off or do anything. i guess i will have to wait for the battery to run completely dead.

There's a combo of buttons to press to reset it. I've forgotten what they are - go up to somewhere like ipodding.com or ipodlounge.com and you'll probably find it. Otherwise, you might have to let it run down. Did you put your computer to sleep and try putting songs on after waking it up? I find that iTunes on my current system (OS X.3.4) needs to be relaunched after waking from sleep in order to run properly. (By the way Mac users X.3.7 update came out yesterday - though I want to wait awhile to see if there's any issues before installing). Manda maybe you're on a PC? Different issue there, not doubt.

thanks sunrise. yeah im on a PC. it seems to be running ok now. itunes seems to be fairly temperamental. occasionally i get an error message, but i just leave it running and go away for a bit and it seems to eventually get the songs on there. not ideal though!

ok, and is it possible to delete songs off my computer now that i have them on ipod? because its synchronised with itunes, does that mean if i delete songs off my computer they will disapear from the ipod?

anyone? cheers!

Yes, you can delete them if you want from your computer. They're now safely on your iPod. But if you ever need to reinstall them onto your iPod you'll have to re-import them back onto your computer first. This is an unlikely thing to happen unless you run out of space and need to delete some stuff.

Sorry. can't help with your PC setup.

Are you going to be doing any riding out there this season?

thanks again!

im in japan for 3 weeks at the moment.

im heading to niigata next week with the family.

when i get back to canada i will probably hit up blue mountain in ontario and a week in the eastern u.s might be in the cards. but im in uni without access to a car or the funds to make it out as much as i'd like.

Apple don't seem happy about all the new rumors.

Apple sues to stop product leaks

Apple fans speculate often about new products

Computer firm Apple has issued a lawsuit to prevent online leaks of information about future products.

The lawsuit, against an unidentified individual, comes just weeks before the MacWorld conference in San Francisco, used to showcase new products.

The complaint said an "unidentified individual... has recently misappropriated and disseminated confidential information".

The lawsuit was filed with the Santa Clara California Superior Court.

Apple is famously secretive about its future product launches while Apple users are equally famous for speculating about new technology from the company.

Fans have speculated in recent weeks about the possibility of a new type of iPod being announced at the MacWorld conference.

Leaked

Apple said in the seven-page complaint, filed on 13 December, that it did not know the "true names or capacities, whether individual, associate, corporate or otherwise," of the defendants.

The company said it would amend the complaint once they had discovered the names of those who had allegedly leaked information.

It is not the first time Apple has sued people who have posted information about future products on the internet.

In December 2002, Apple sued a former contractor who allegedly posted online drawings, images and engineering details of the company's PowerMac G4 computer.

In a statement, Apple said of the current lawsuit: "Apple has filed a civil complaint against unnamed individuals who we believe stole our trade secrets and posted detailed information about an unannounced Apple product on the internet."

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a 40 gig too. I think Sunrise should be a spokeswoman for Ipod. Shed make a huge commission lol.gif

Can you hook your Ipod up to somebody elses computer who has Itunes and download all their stuff too?

Great, now I have to reread this thread to learn some more ins and outs...

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
I picked up a 40 gig too. I think Sunrise should be a spokeswoman for Ipod. Shed make a huge commission lol.gif

Can you hook your Ipod up to somebody elses computer who has Itunes and download all their stuff too?

Absolutely. You can also do it from iPod to another computer but you need software for that. Not sure about PCs. Check out one of the iPod sites, like iPodding.com or iPodlounge.com where you'll find all the info you'd ever need (and more).

I don't know about commissions - I'm still pissed at apple for not giving us a recording iPod....

It's been reported that a flash iPod will be announced at Macworld SF tommorrow. We shall see.