• 3 months later...
  • Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by tsondaboy:
I am on my 2rd week with nano and yet no major problems.
Of course the battery is crap, it doesn’t last more than 4-5 hours continuous playing.
Lets see what problems will come up in the future.....
I just guaranteed my iPod nano after 9 months…..
The damn thing wouldn’t connect to my PC and also couldn’t get into the disc menu.
Good thing I got a new one for free. When this one also dies I am going for iriver or zen.

Wow a lot of data there. My brother had an ipod mini that broke 1 week before the guarantee was up. He took it in and they swapped it for a brand new one.

• 2 weeks later...

Apple Computer has said a report of labour conditions at its iPod plant in China found workers did more than 60 hours a week a third of the time.

Staff making the world's most popular MP3 player also worked more than six consecutive days 25% of the time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/5262110.stm

Quote:
Originally posted by AET:
Wow a lot of data there. My brother had an ipod mini that broke 1 week before the guarantee was up. He took it in and they swapped it for a brand new one.
I always protect myself for that little longer by getting the apple care. Things generally have problems after the warranty ends ( not just apple) so extending to 3 years is a good option and in my case it has proven to save me alot of money for the little layout.

Ipod nano alternative

made by Sandisk - the big memory card maker, its the same price as a 4GB nano but has 8GB of flash memory. It sports a TFT colour screen, a micro SD slot to expand the memory (by up to 2Gb) and it has replacebale battery! fancy that a replaceable battery!

Sansae200_straight.jpg

I have waited long enough to get a big storage mp3 player and it looks like this ipod killer could be the ticket.......

• 1 year later...

too bad the iphone is so damn expensive for what you get. My free phone from softbank has an mp3 player with download options, 1gig of storage, japanese/english dicitonary, gps, analog tv, 3.2 megapix camera/vid.

That's the main reason why the iPhone isn't available in Japan, nobody would buy it for that money. the technology is not all that new. the touch pad is nice, but you can buy vista phones with full internet capabilities and other options not on the iPhone for about 70% less than the iPhone.

Originally Posted By: samurai
too bad the iphone is so damn expensive for what you get. My free phone from softbank has an mp3 player with download options, 1gig of storage, japanese/english dicitonary, gps, analog tv, 3.2 megapix camera/vid.

That's the main reason why the iPhone isn't available in Japan, nobody would buy it for that money. the technology is not all that new. the touch pad is nice, but you can buy vista phones with full internet capabilities and other options not on the iPhone for about 70% less than the iPhone.

so is japan immune from the apple hysteria that is sweeping the rest of the world?