I finally took my ipod mini back to Apple store London. The 'genius' listened to my problems, then opened a cupboard stacked full of little brown boxes (all ready for return posting back to apple) and gave me a new ipod :-)

One month later and my new mini is playing up. It has the latest firmware, and now I have to press reset every time to get it working. I actually berated Mrs T for treating it wrong by not switching it off properly (she does) and not using the playlists I put on (to save the battery). Apple's mind control is working; I am blaming my wife for their inferior product. I treat it so gingerly, like a thorough bred, and it still b******s up. I don't want to go on an Apple slag fest, when it works I love it, but I am just a little disappointed. I want a Sony.............ahhh nihon sei.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my problem is the battery runs out in no time flat.

i bought a car adaptor & if i don't use it, the battery dies soo quickly.

i miss my walkman.

also, occasionally my itunes just swallows playlists, they totally just disappear with absolutely no deleting on my part.

i expect they disappear into the mysterious appleland, where all the returned ipods go.

On the subject of batteries... the battery on my dell notebook is no almost completely dead. Use the computer for more than 10 minutes without mains and it comes up with the low battery warning, then soon after shuts off. Bad show. It's not that old either.

way hey. I'm on my 3rd ipod. Apple store gave me my second ipod mini replacement.It went to join the otherone in appleland along with bettyx's missing tunes.

First ipod; knackered battery. Second ipod; frozen/corrupted screen (after less than a month). Gotta give it to em; good service, no complaints just handed over a new one. mmmm maybe they're used to replacing defective ipods..? I just hope when this one packs in, it'll be before the end of my one year warranty.

I think ipod must've had a lot of problems with the mini (work colleague's mini's battery is up the swanny after 8 months). maybe that's why they stopped producing it and replaced it with the solid state technology of the nano.

Anyhow here's hoping. :rolleyes:

We have an original 5 gig iPod, a 3rd gen 20 gig iPod and an iPod shuffle in our family- all in working order and even the original still has over 3 hours of battery life left (down from the original 8?) and its about 4 years old...wonder why we've been so lucky?

• 2 weeks later...

I got one of the vid pods as a present... and very nice little machine it is too. Actually not yet seen a vid on it, but it's there when I'm ready I suppose - though not too sure how to go about that yet.

Ive had a 20gb 3rd generation ipod for about a year and a half now, and I love it.

I think I prefer the buttons not on the central wheel too, it somehow makes it feel more sturdy to me.

No problems whatsoever with mine though, have taken it boarding on a gentle nighter session, but probably wouldn't take it out for anything more adventurous. Listening to air, sigur ros, manual etc. (anything floaty and light sounding) while gliding down through the night at Niseko last season was one of my best nights so far.

Those are my thoughts...

I bought a 20g ipod formt he apple web site, with a teachers discount. 

I got whilst still in UK, from the apple web site. It took a couple of weeks to be shipped from Asia, so you should be able to get it shipped to Japan.

It cost me 195GBP, with free engraving service and I am dead chuffed with it.

Only wish I had bought a cover sooner, as it is really scratched up.

Looking to buy a new jacket this season, whats good out there for us petite ladies, any with i-pod pockets?

Most of the Burton jackets have ipod pockets.

Just because of that i looked into ipods but I while I was tempted, I didn't see anything worth the price. Going to wait a couple of generations I think.

@Iambenw: check out the band menomena. It's in the same line as the bands you mentioned. Incredible songs that are 20 minutes long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...