• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sucky.

I bought a HDD recorder this year and it was pretty much not working straight from the box. Luckily the place I got it from replaced it immediately, but it was still a right hassle and - of course - disappointing.

Finally they've made an iPod that will record 44.1k stereo. I bought an M-Audio Microtrack 24/96 a few weeks back (about the size of an iPod, but a dedicated audio recorder that runs on compact flash cards or microdrives). I probably wouldn't have done that if I'd have known (I'd given up hope on Apple coming thru in the next 12 months), but still, the Microtrack will be much more recorder-friendly as there's no menus to scroll thru or setups to make for recording, so I'll no doubt be happier with what I have now. (plus it records 24 bit and up to 96k and has digital I/O).

I'll be interested to see if the new iPods have mic/line in or just line in, and if they're really 16 bit (they probably will be to compete with other video recorders) and if they have recording levels (a preamp can solve that anyway) and if so if they're adjustable on the fly.

Maoriboy, i feel your frustrations \:\)

i have been so desperate that i uninstalled itunes, and spent 30$ on anapod.

Anapod looked like the answer to all my problems, and it has some great features

But it created new problems. Actually the problems were so bad that i have switched back to itunes for now.

for some reason all the menus on ipod hangs for a half second when i browse thru my music if uploaded with anapod. also no support for podcasting, so podcasts downloaded with 3.party sw does not go under podcast menu, they end up with all the other music.

It is not possible to save playback position in podcasts.

As much as i hate to admit it: itunes is the better solution at the moment.

With a little help from here (playlists) things work out... (kinda)

I use itunes only for updating ipod, not as a player .

Sweet jesus mate, don't take this the wrong way, but you are all over the place like a mad woman's shit. Are you sure you yourself are not the source of your considerable on-going dramas? Remember, everyone gets what they want, but few know what they want.

Hmmmmm ;\)

• 3 weeks later...

Screw iPod, iTunes, and all that other crap that they charge a nice expensive price for. Archos. No nonsense player. Simply plug in, then drag and drop.

I don't care about anything else. It's an mp3 player, it doesn't need FM/AM, calendar, special software, look good, anything. It just needs to play mp3s. I don't need docking stations, I don't need docking speakers, etc. I simply drop music onto it, put it on shuffle, and put it in my pocket. It never comes out of my pocket until I get home again.

Once home, I charge it. I listen to my mp3s from my computer or my home entertainment center. To me...portable mp3 players are worthless when I'm at home. Isn't that the point of a portable mp3 player? Throwing it into your pocket and taking it somewhere, not throwing it into a gigantic cradle and listen to horrid sound? Spend your money on good stereo equipment and then think about a portable mp3 player later on. It's a better investment.

in the space of 4 days apple sent me a box for my ipod, came to my door to pick it up, fiddled with it for 2 days and then dropped it off when they were done. the result - a brand spanking new ipod.

im quite happy as my old one was beaten to shit. scratched all over and obviously as dead as a rock.

annoying that i lost all my tunes though.

incidently my computer died a few days after my ipod died so i lost my "back up" too.

Has anybody seen the new Bose headphones that are out? Forget the name but theyre 19,000yen. I put em on at Yodobashi camera the other day and they were so f***ing nice! It was like having an eargasim \:D

Been thinking about picking those up for either my bday or Xmas present before the long busride to Shiga again.