• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first saw it I couldn't stop laughing every time I thought of all the Mac fans I know personally. It's so amazingly accurate about them. Especially the fact that these guys all pre-order the latest iGizmos to come out, then talk to each other incessantly about how great said gizmo is even before it arrives. Then when you tell them you can get the same, if not better gizmo from another company for less money, it's like they pretend they didn't hear it. Hilarious.

Just brought a replacemnet battery for my iWank (Pod) from some guys in Australia. A third of the price of the battery replacement offered by Apple. Sure I have to do it myself but I'm not a muppet and I'm told by all that it's very simple. Here is the link

F*&k you apple

My battery went down to around two hours after about 6-7 months of heavy use. I did all the things recommended to maintain bettery life, like frequent top up charging etc, etc. It then stayed like that for about another 6 months, then down to 1 hour max for a couple more months. After that it would not even play anything unless I had it plugged into power. I got about 8 months off good use out of it which is not up to scratch.

But with cheap battery replacement it lives, breathes and jives again, no thanks to apple. Well it will do when my battery arrives on Wednesday. I'll drop a post to say how easy it is to change your own battery, cause even the mighty vPod will die someday (perish the thought!)

No matter what you think, Apple are WINNERS

5.3 million iPods shipped, meaning 750k more than last quarter and 4.5 million more than the same time last year

Total number of iPods now sold: 15 million

Music products accounted for 38% of total revenue, of which iPods contributed over billion (a 284% increase) while iTunes & iPod accessories made up another another 6 million (a 260% increase)

iPod Shuffle is now the #1 selling flash player in the world with a 43% market share

iTunes is the leader in online music sales with a 70% take and total downloads over over 350 million tracks

Apple's share in the hard-drive based MP3 player market continues to rule, at over 90% penetration

Combines, Apple brand MP3 players make up 70% of all MP3 players sold (in the US, that is)

Hewlett Packard's share in the market accounts for only 3% of iPod sales

Quote:
Originally posted by Dims:
evil money-grabbers ;\)
Money grab is correct with Apple. Two sequential examples:

First example:

Pay to upgrade to QT Pro.

Pay USD129 (!!!) to upgrade to the next OS version that only ships with QT basic.

Pay to upgrade to QT Pro.

Second example:

Have the most recent OS (after a >USD100 upgrdae cost)

Want iLife software suite. Pay $$$ to buy it in the lovely Apple Store.

New OS released, pay USD129 for upgrade that ships with free iLife software suite.

Stocks have gone up,

iMac G5 20 is a very solid comp

Powerbook has been great till (see below)

Only complaint that I really have is that battery life ain't that great on the iPod (but I never need it for long periods besides twice a year on flights) & my hinge on my powerbook snapped after 2.5 years (which i bought a used back cover & 2 hinge set and will repair myself rather than fork out of my profits)

It isn't all that bad, And I also run XP on my mac so I guess I have the best of both worlds!

Well the saga of my dPod continues. Last night I attempted to change the battery on the pod myself and despite a great deal of difficulty getting the damn back cover of the thing and a great deal of strong language I managed to di it. Once you get the cover off it the rest is fairly easy. Pleased to say it happily charged up and is cranking again. So I've gone from a crying complaining loser (Thanks humansoup) to a winner, now able to just chill and enjoy my sounds because my iPod works again.

Happy days clap.gif

Indo, how does XP run on your Mac using PC emulator, pretty slow?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dims:
Well the saga of my dPod continues. Last night I attempted to change the battery on the pod myself and despite a great deal of difficulty getting the damn back cover of the thing and a great deal of strong language I managed to di it. Once you get the cover off it the rest is fairly easy. Pleased to say it happily charged up and is cranking again. So I've gone from a crying complaining loser (Thanks humansoup) to a winner, now able to just chill and enjoy my sounds because my iPod works again.

Happy days clap.gif

Indo, how does XP run on your Mac using PC emulator, pretty slow?
Dims, congrats about the battery!
Xp does run slow on my powerbook ( but its in need of memory and some freeing up of space on the HD)
Hasn't been installed on G5 yet.. But I am expecting it to be heaps faster.