• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one of them. It is a solid little brushed aluminium knob that has a grippy rubber pad on the bottom which pulses blue light (or strobes really fast if I am feeling speedy). You can program it to control different applications, quite handy.

Interesting thing, recently I have been playing my music through ituns on my computer while I work for long periods at a time. I usually play the whole collection on random shuffle. Even though it's random it always seems to favor certain artists each time. For example, today, it has played 4 Red Hot Chili Peppers songs. And I only have one CD of theirs out of over 5000 songs. It always seems to happen, each time with different artists.

Anyway, enough waffling. Does anyone else find that?

voidhawk, no it is definitely not just coincidence as it happens too often. And another 2 RHCP tracks today. I've also had 7 tracks from another artist that just has 2 albums. It always happens, thats why I mentioned it. I think vPod is getting a life of its own.

And I just got a mail from Apple telling me that my vPodShuffle is on it's way - should get it tomorrow or the day after. clap.gif

OK had a day with my vPod shuffle and I really like it. Same sound, can use most of itunes (apart from play count apparently - a play on the vPod shuffle doesn't add a count within itunes, so it seems), tiny tiny thing so light. Almost afraid I'll lose the thing. \:\)

Sorry for the negative vibes 34 ... it's a long and complicated story. I think they've got the right idea in terms of making technology more accessible & appealing to the average 'not-too-technical' person. But when said 'not-too-technical' person comes to me to help them when their nice pretty Apple breaks, and they'd asked me before buying it "What sort of computer/laptop/MP3 player should I buy?" and I give them every option except Apple since there's always a better option, and they still buy the Apple .... yeah, it gets to the point where I just have to say "talk to the hand".

I promise no more negative Apple quotes from now on \:\) Everyone has their own preferences, I can respect that much.

voidhawk. If it wasn't for the ipod I might not know that these things exist. I still don't really know what the alternatives are. Do they have software like iTunes and as good as that? (I don't know). And you know I don't really care, I'm really happy with what I've got.

Quote:
And you know I don't really care, I'm really happy with what I've got.
hey, if you're happy, I'm happy \:\)

Since you asked - yes, there's a whole swag of players out there other than the iPod. Go to your nearest Yodobashi (or whatever that shop was called). Most of them will play more formats of music (AU, MP3, OGG, WMA, ASF etc) than the iPod, and also let you choose whatever software you want to synchronize your player with your music collection on whatever computer you have (Linux, Windows, Mac). You can do the 'buy your music' thang like with iTunes, or do the 'illeagal download' thing if you choose to. The main point is there's lots out there, but it's just not as heavily marketed as Apple stuff.

The one thing Apple have mastered at is their user interface engineering. Really easy to understand, very smooth. The iPod wins in this category in my books.