there are some handles/member names here that seem interesting but blasted if i understand them (motsly that japanese ones). What is the origin of your name?

I chose db to demonstrate that I am a male as it looks a little like meat and two veg.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by mikazooki:
did u know 40% of the energy of a kangaroos bound is transmitted to its next jump by its enormous elastic tendons. what a creature.

i once saw a kangaroo fall over. u shoulda seen how embarassed it was!
You seem to really have a thing for kanagroos. Does it extend just beyond pure interest?

did u check that powerful tail!? thats hard!

i just miss the bush really, going kinda stir crazy. i love riding but it doesnt have the soulful relaxation of chillin by river in the middle of nowhere.

there a time to be pumped and a time for chillin.

got nowhere to chill.

where the f@#k did u find that photo and how did u find in such efficient time??

(i just wanna know so i can browse at lonely moments)

Im wih ya Mika, there is seriously no where to just max out here. I lived 3 mins drive from the sea and 2 mins walk to the riverbank in NZ and miss the strolls, even in the mid winter when the wind is ahowlin and the sea spray making you face sting. No where like that Ive been to in Japan, the only place that comes marginally close is Sado Is and the mountains here dont seem to have the same restfulness about them as NZ. Dunno why.

I know what 'zwelgen' means. :p

Ocean11 is from the song '007 - Shanty Town' by Desmond Dekker. I used to listen to a lot of reggae and ska.

enderzero, where's that come from then?

db, I can see two lamb chops there, but where's the veg?

Quote:
Originally posted by zwelgen:
I lived 3 mins drive from the sea...
Hate to pick, but couldn't you have walked?

Mogski - Man Of Great SKI

No, not really. In my earlier years, before I found god in powder I wanted to learn how to mogul ski. Found god and now and moguls are just another way to break important ligaments for me.

Changing a name is not like cahinging underwear. It takes some mental preperation and lots of courage.

Of course if you are one of those who don't change your underpants you might never understand this.

dan eaton -> dane. i like the name

so here is a question. if you know a person outside of the forum (and therefore their real name) do you use their real name on the forum??

for me, it's totally weird calling someone by their forum name, unless they actually use it as a nickname in real life. it just makes me think, "what the shit am i doing? i would never call this person by this forum-name in real life"

mmm... mines self explaintiry but hey y not go into it!

snowboard_freaks_girl.... being snowboard_freak's girlfriend and the / sam is cause on my members page its sam_casper that being my name... samantha casper... Simple! Waaallllaaa!

Quote:
Originally posted by dane:
dan eaton -> dane. i like the name

so here is a question. if you know a person outside of the forum (and therefore their real name) do you use their real name on the forum??

I hope not. I have met a few people from here and they know my name. Rupert is such an ugly name, I hate being called Rupert.

Hey Dane - that site of yours it good neat*. Pretty funny too.

* neat: a great old yank slang word, i think.
 Quote:
Originally posted by db:
I chose db to demonstrate that I am a male as it looks a little like meat and two veg.
really I thought you choose db as to pay hommage to DB , New Zealands nationwide draught beer \:D

Mogski - I was also wondering why zwelgen didn't just walk. \:D

Ummm, should I give away the secret? Yeah I guess. It came up a long time ago. I used to put in the initals END in arcade games. Later, I needed a cool screen name for anything computer related (games, usernames, etc.) Ender came from the popular science fiction book Ender's Game (which I am sure some people might have know). The zero attached well and I just like the way it sounded. I have pretty much fully taken it as my persona. I own enderzero.net and .com and enderzero@ pretty much any email address worth owning. I think that about confirms me as the real enderzero, but I know there is at least one other person that has used it in the past.

Someone used to own enderzero@hotmail.com but it was abandonded. When I worked at Microsoft I worked my connections to get it as my own. Doing a search for enderzero in google comes up with a few weird things that don't have anything to do with me.

I also use 3nd3r23r0 and 3nd quite a bit.

I address all the people I know from the forum by their real names. Some still call me ender ;\) but I don't really identify with just ender very much.

Did you want the short answer or the long answer \:\)

I think an interesting question in addition to this would be how to pronounce some of the names.

Is it mog (long O like mogul) ski? I always read it mog (like goggle) ski.

Is it mit-ee-yak or mighty-ak?

How exactly do you pronounce indosnm?