what's everybody listening to now?

• SnowJapan Admin

The FAQ isn't really very helpful with stuff like that is it.

Hopefully, all the newness coming soon will be a more friendly environment.

wink

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
lol

Something a little more contemporary

That's good sh!t. I saw Jools Holland and His Mighty Organ live once, and I danced so hard I couldn't find my way home afterwards. His piano playing is good, but his organ was mightier.

Okkervil River from Texas. Quite keen on music from Texas.

The Dining Rooms from Italy. "Ink" has a few great tracks on it.

Agatsuma from Japan. "Beams" is a honking good album.

Amadou & Mariam from Mali. Amadou's guitar work is nice.

Hi pie-eater,

I thought I'd at least try to rescue this thread from the prehistoric swamp it fell into around page 98. There's something to be said for listening to something that was produced in this century.

I've got a little musical problem I'd like to consult y'all on.

I used to have a tune on my PC which I think I got from a bad girl in town who I no longer associate with. It was a trip-hop, down-tempo kind of song. It actually featured in a TV ad for a Yanmar fishing boat about seven years ago. The ad was a cool, minimal cartoony thing and the track went with it really well. It nearly made me go out and get me a couple of fishing boats.

Anyway, I forget what the track was called, and who it was by, and what album it was on. If anybody saw the Yanmar ad and knows the track, do please let me know and take an awful burden off my mind.

Oh, and if anybody knows anything about snobee, that would also be a great help.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a lot of Glastonbury on tv. Most of it was too MOR for me, but this lot are pretty good and their album's great. 80s revival still going strong.