what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

zero 7, newton faulkner and 'soil and "pimp" sessions' for chilled out stuff.

Dragonforce, priestess and Finntroll for mental metal days.

Bent, digitalism and justice for a dancey mood.

Fire camp, skepta and roll deep for grimey UK hip hop sessions.

and Estradasphere for when im considering insanity:)

I know I'm getting old when I don't even recognise hardly any of the bands mentioned in this thread. Queen and Roxy Music are defintely more my era and they both rocked.

In the car I normally listen to bands like Hunters and Collectors, Greenday, Crowded House, The Pretenders, Nina Simone and U2. For some Japanese music I like The Blue Hearts. Basically I like music where the bands use real instuments and real vocals. Can't stand all the electronic club music.

Currently listening to 1233 ABC Newcastle Radio which broadcasts a range of programs and few songs this time of day, can be quite interesting.

Also very few adverts - VERY good aspect!

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Do I really need to define that??

I don't consider sounds created by some computer program or some guy 'scratching' a record to be music with 'real instruments'.

What is a real instrument then?
is "sounds" generated with computers and vinyl a lesser art form?
(just like electric amplified guitars was 60 years ago)

Sorry but you sound very conservative Go Native,

I was lucky to grow up in the 60's, when rock and pop were the same. Hendrix did Hey Joe live on Top of the Pops. He was ugly, black and played the guitar with his teeth. It's been downhill since 1967.

Sorry, never heard of 801, but I'll give them a spin.

The new Moby album sounds interesting

moby on 'last night'

'"last night" is basically a love letter to dance music in new york city. what i love about the new york approach to dance music is the eclecticism and the open minded-ness on the part of the musicians, the dj's, and the people in the bars and clubs. in making 'last night' i essentially tried to take a long 8 hour night out in new york city and condense it into a 65 minute long album.'

Originally Posted By: veronica

moby on 'last night'
'"last night" is basically a love letter to dance music in new york city.

Sounds like LCD Soundsystem did it on his last album. Check out the song "New York I love you"

Will likely blow Moby out of the water.

It was one of the best albums of 07.

Soubs, 801 was a project by Brian Eno and Phil Manzanera, both Roxy music.

they made one studio album and one live album. Try to get the live album, really good!

I am listening to The Meters, good funky music, which reminds me to kindly ask Mr. Wiggles to post a name or two in this tread. i need some inspiration

I remember Brian Eno leaving, but I didn't know he collaborated with Phil Manzanera.

I mostly listen to blues. Nothing funky there, but Lightnin Hopkins plays cool guitar. Virtuoso stuff, but you have to listen to hear it.