what's everybody listening to now?

I read an interesting review of Stings new lute project:

His overwrought delivery is unfortunately and irresistibly evocative of your English teacher revealing his frustrated theatrical ambitions during a class reading of Macbeth.

lol.gif

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

Maybe the writer of the review things that Sting is a mediocre wanker and that he more or less ran out of ideas after 'Nothing like the sun'. A lot of what he's been doing is just recycling his older songs with different musicians. He's got the clout to bring on some of the best non-pop oriented musicians, which gives his music --which is ordinary pop-- an false sense of sophistication. His live shows are amazing to hear --great musicians, great production and great sound, but he's still a pretentious wanker. That might be the writers opinion.

I won't be spending my money on the Sting album but I definitely want to check out CB and Motherhucker's recommendation. Good enthusiastic reviews written in cool vernacular. cool.gif

Peter Gabriels 2cd Hit album with lots of his stuff one. I like him. Still waiting for some new material.

Nice chap as well it seems

On November 17, the Seventh World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates in Rome will present musician Peter Gabriel with the prestigious Man of Peace award. The award, presented by former President of the USSR and Nobel Peace Prize winner Mikhail Gorbachev and Walter Veltroni, Mayor of Rome, is an acknowledgement of Gabriel痴 extensive contribution and work on behalf of human rights and peace. The award will be presented at 9.00 a.m. in the Giulio Cesare Hall of the Campidoglio in Rome.

i am gonna go back to my habit of second-hand shop hunting, and buying nothing over 1000 yen.

The other day i found THE golden-era hip hop classic by Poor Righteous Teachers, `NWO`. Every track is amazing, save one.

And i also saw a Talib Kweli CD in the 350 yen bin at Tower yesterday. What the fukk? Are people so infatuated with crap like 50 cent that talib gets relegated to the bargain bin? Its criminal!

Oh, and This Bike is a Pipe Bomb is great country-flavored punk from Florida. I`m digging on them right now too.

Currently I am listening to:

Trivium - The Crusade - some amazing songs but there are one or 2 dodgy enough ones. The ones that are good are class.

Dragonforce - Sonic Firestorm - Kirk Kammet from Metallica called them an absurd band and he was correct. Still one of my favourite albums and if you like ridiculously long guitar solos, then they are the boys.

Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage - again as mentioned before.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been listening to a lot of REM recently - the Up and Reveal albums have some really good songs on them even though they are kinda down feeling in general.

Got Royksopp on in the car right now.

Vivaldi.

"Winter, Allegro non molto" is renaissance high-energy groove. It would make a fantastic soundtrack to a short snowboarding video, especially if the rockin' bits were extended slightly.

The opening bit where you're putting your boots on and slithering to the lifts sounds really cold and wintery but with that building excitement.

It even ends with the chattering of braking snowboards as a crew of increasingly fat gaijin haul up at the gondola again.

I have a music challenge question.

Can anybody tell me the name or artist of the music on the latest Yanmar fishing boat TV CM. It's a trancey sort of track that I know I might even have on my HD, but I can't remember what it is. It's killing me.