what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

I've been listening to some old CDs by Propaganda (A Secret Wish) used to listen to that one a lot back when it was released, as well as one called Item by OneTwo (the woman from Propaganda and guy from OMD).

Are you sure? ;\)

I hear the new Smap single, Arigato, is a classic. WFT kind of title is that if it's not a Smap title. You can imagine their "strategy meetings" - what phrase can we use that will become our next mass market abomination of a song that everyone will play at their wedding/graduation/etc.

Didn't Smap do an Arigato song before? Maybe it's Arigato 2.

I'm listening to an album called Anomie & Bonhomie at the moment from the early 90's I think.

Not got the new Muse one but I like them and heard good things about it.

Dokumanju asked such a "timeless" question, I like it! Don't remember what music i listened to back in Feb '03 as for now, i like Foo Fighters - in fact they are putting up an acoustic concert at the Opera House in our beautiful Sydney city early Oct '06 and i'm gonna go see them clap.gif

I've always liked the Beatles after they went psychadelic in 1967. -- Revolver, Magical Mystery Tour, St. Pepper, Abbey Road, White Album, Let it Be. Some of their lesser known stuff --like stuff on the White Album is seriously good too. The songs are individually solid but the albums are thematic at the same time. The pop hits, like Obladi Oblada (sp?) don't sound so cheesy when listened to in context of the original albums. John's dark side is a good anecdote for Paul's cheery pop side.

yeah the banana album is quite nice, although Nico is a bit too clangy for my liking. she sounds a bit like she has some mental disorder or at least a pronunciation problem. probably cos she was from Euro-land somewhere. ;\)

I've been listening to The Velvet Underground (first album) and Brian Eno (Another Green World) in the last day or two.

I'm kind of turned off by a lot of new pop music but I was surprised to see that Evanescence won a couple of awards. Are their albums any better than the mellow-dramatic radio singles and excessively slick packaging indicate?