what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

Nightmares on Wax are cool. \:\)

If you like the stuff he makes now, try Telefon Tel Aviv's first album, Fahrenheit Fair Enough. It sounds like what would happen if Squarepusher made one of those Cafe del Mar albums with polyrhythmic glitches instead of all the usual cliches. "Ttv" especially is gorgeous.

Their second album has just come out, but it's bit too conventional for me. If you like Zero7, you might like it more than the first one.

Recently got hold of 2 albums by a band called Monaco. Bassist from New Order and a singer who sounds just like the singer from New Order, but isn't. New Order-lite.

My friend is into Led Zepplin, so I've been subjected to a lot of that over the last week or so - didnt like it at first, but some of its quite good.

Quote:
Originally posted by rach:
My friend is into Led Zepplin, so I've been subjected to a lot of that over the last week or so - didnt like it at first, but some of its quite good.
Very few songs on my dbPod have a 5 star rating and for all the electronic music that I am into it is noteworthy that two 5 star songs are Led Zep tunes:

Moby Dick

and

No Quarter:

Quote:
Close the door, put out the light.
No, they won't be home tonight.
The snow falls hard and don't you know?
The winds of Thor are blowing cold.
They're wearing steel that's bright and true
They carry news that must get through, oooh
They choose the path where no-one goes.
They hold no quarter, They hold no quarter.
Walking side by side with death
The devil mocks their every step
The snow drives back the foot that's slow
The dogs of doom are howling more
They carry news that must get through
To build a dream for me and you
They choose the path where no-one goes.
They hold no quarter, They ask no quarter.
The pain, the pain without quarter.
They ask no quarter.
Yeah! Without quarter, quarter, yeah!
The dogs of doom are howling more!
I hear the dogs of doom are howling more!

What I find especially admirable about LED Zeppelin is how they were able to anticipate a future application of semiconductor technology that was only realized years later. True visionaries.

Today it's the Commodores, disco era Micheal Jackson, disco Barbara Striesand, a couple Billy Idol songs and Pet Shop Boys. I think I'm gonna go throw on some Beegees..

Hhhhm, I'm in a bit of a wierd mood today.