what's everybody listening to now?

Hey snowboard_freak (and any other metal heads) - Have you checked out Killswitch Engage? On a few friends' repeated recs I finally grabbed a couple albums. Good heavy shit!

I also can't stop listening to:

The new album "North" by Something Corporate. Much better than their last album "Leaving Through the Window" (although the song "Woke Up in a Car" off that album has got to be my favorite rock anthem in a hell of a long time). Actually, until I checked just now I though North came out first...hmmmmm.

Billy Talent's self titled debut. F*ckin fantastic new rock!!

Of course, The Mars Volta. Man these guys are just toooooooo good. Every time I listen to this album (which is a daily occurrence lately) I fall deeper in love. PLUS(!!) they are gonna play in Shibuya next month!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

Quote:
Originally posted by enderzero:
Of course, The Mars Volta. ......they are gonna play in Shibuya next month!
yeah, and of the 5 people I know in this country, everyone of them is going to the weekday show!!!?? Leaving me to, yet again, rock life on my own at the Saturday night show. What a strange guy I must be - wanting to go to a concert on a weekend when one doesn't need to worry about work.

db: I'd go with you, but I'm going to the Warped Tour that night (as I mentioned and you subsequently forgot :p ).

Anyway, the Wednesday show starts at 7:00pm

meaning the show will be done by 10:30pm

meaning you can get a train home

meaning you can get enough beauty sleep before work the next day.

To bring it back on topic: I'm bobbing to the new Lyrics Born album. It's that real hip hop y'all.

Quote:
Isn't the "weekend" show a Sunday anyway?
:::Enderdude:::, even with my oft laughed at japanese skills, I could read which show was on water day or wood day or what ever day. One is certainly an additional show on Saturday (and yes, there is also a sunday show). Buuuut.... as usual .db. is dismissed.

Goemon: I forget any bit of info suits my complaining at the time ;\) . Anyway, I want to go and get pissed and play the monkey, not watch a show then catch the train home, iron a shirt, set the alarm and get up for a day in the office.

Rachael: I care very much for how I feel at work, and when it counts, what I do.

On topic: I still really like the Propellerheads and Nightmares on Wax.

All right, let's clear up the confusion on this...

According to The Mars Volta web site they are playing:

Weds. Jan 7 Tokyo (Shibuya AX)

Thurs. Jan 8 Nagoya (Club Quattro)

Sun. Jan 11 Osaka (Club Quattro)

And now apparently the creativeman site says they are also playing Sat Jan. 10 in Tokyo.

(But db if you go back to the original email thread we were all referring to the added date as Sunday. That is where that particular confusion came from - as eddie says, "my bad")

I am planning to go to any Mars Volta show in Tokyo that doesn't also happen to be on the night that I have a back stage pass to another concert. So I guess we are waiting on that. In the mean time, why don't you just come to the Weds show. I am sure you won't regret it at all.

And guys...WE NEED TO BY THE TIX!!

(When did our email thread move to the SJ forum?)

Quote:
According to The Mars Volta web site they are playing:

Weds. Jan 7 Tokyo (Shibuya AX)
Thurs. Jan 8 Nagoya (Club Quattro)
Sun. Jan 11 Osaka (Club Quattro)

And now apparently the creativeman site (.db. edit - thats me!) says they are also playing Sat Jan. 10 in Tokyo.

Indeed they are!!
10th(土)東京 渋谷クラブクアトロ(追加)

markie, u sicko! \:\)

sweetz - from t6he USA, no, nothing like pantera.... nothing really like anything i know of... a totally new kind of hard rock. First time I have been excited about a 'rock band' for quite a while.

Now, why did I come here, thats right ... listening to Faith no More still. What lyrics!

Back and forth, I sway with the wind

Resolution slips away again

Right through my fingers, back into my heart

Where it's out of reach and it's in the dark

Sometimes I think I'm blind

Or I may be just paralyzed

Because the plot thickens every day

And the pieces of my puzzle keep crumblin' away

But I know, there's a picture beneath

Indecision clouds my vision

No one listens...

Because I'm somewhere in between

My love and my agony

You see, I'm somewhere in between

My life is falling to pieces

Somebody put me together

Layin' face down on the ground

My fingers in my ears to block the sound

My eyes shut tight to avoid the sight

Anticipating the end, losing the will to fight

Droplets of "yes" and "no"

In an ocean of "maybe"

From the bottom, it looks like a steep incline

From the top, another downhill slope of mine

But I know, the equilibrium's there

Indecision clouds my vision

No one listens

Because I'm somewhere in between

My love and my agony

You see, I'm somewhere in between

My life is falling to pieces

Somebody put me together

Today seems to be dicso day.

I'm listening to Modern Talking - The Hit Dance Mix including Brother Louie. Brings back some happy memories of loose 80s living.

Some BeeGees coming up next on the turntable.

Since ender reminded me of Killswitch I have been listening to their newest album "Alive Or Just Breathing". Digging it, good solid nu-metal.

I picked up "Thirteenth Step" by A Perfect Circle yesterday as well. I've only listened to it a couple of times so far but I like what I hear so far. I'm looking forward to seeing them live again in Feb. Should be a good concert.

recent trip to australia has left me with john butler trio, powderfinger and the cat empire (strange combo)

also liking the newer, more rock-y ryan adams stuff.

seeing the darkness on monday so listening to alot of their stuff.