what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

Is that good?

I'm listening to a lot of Claude Challe and Stephane Pompougnac at the moment. The Buddha Bar and Hotel Costes compilations have some great tracks on them. Anybody else know these artists? (Some of the Claude Challe and Ravin tracks would go well in an Indian restaurant icon14.gif ).

Claude Challe mixes modern beats with the work of some very charismatic Latin, Indian, Chinese, and Middle Eastern performers. When other people try this, the results can often be lamentable, but there are some brilliant tracks on the Buddha Bar collections.

I'm not sure how I'd describe Stephane Pompougnac. Recent French pop with an international flavour? Worth a listen.

Hey amandanism I couldn't that song "To the tune of 5000 screaming children but if it's anything like "if i told you this was killing me would you stop" I'll keep on searching. Very catchy song that one. Emotion is Dead is cool little instrumental number.

From what i have downloaded so far they seem to have two very different sounds. Liking them so far.

Yeah, I caught the White Stripes in October in Nagoya. Show was short, but venue and music was good. Yup, its just the two of them.

Plucky: are you from near Nebraska? I read somewhere how good a music scene they have there, post-311.

I just rewatched/listened to the Slipknot DVD "Disasterpieces". It's a double DVD and it rocks. So many awsome features.

They filmed a concert in London with a whole heap of different cameras and you can switch between the cameras to get different angles and views and the like. Very cool feature.

After that talk of the Mad World cover in another thread, I took out my copy of The Hurting. Classic debut album, much better than any of their more mainstream stuff they did after that that they're more famous for.

The Hurting, Memories Fade, Watch Me Bleed, Start of the Breakdown.

All FAB tracks!

It's funny, my favorite bands are all bands that I've liked for years and years. No album from the last few years would get into my top 10. I suppose its always that way, the music you loved when you were younger you always love. (Is it?)

I used to like that as well, then they went and did all that AOR sounding mush. mad.gif

Then I got into Goth.

What a varied taste-line I've had.

Onto Muse again now. Thats a good album. Q Magazine gave away a best of 03 CD recently too, and theres some good stuff on there. Much of which has been mentioned in this thread.