what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

My friend had on the first best of of Utada Hikaru the other day.

Really liked some of the songs.

Can't think of many Japanese pop I like, but she has done some good songs.

A friend of mine had some Queen on the other day and I've revisited some of their stuff.

Like it more than I thought.

Reminded me how Queen'y some of Muse is.

• 4 weeks later...

The Cult Electric Peace.

2 CDs.

Electric....

and....

Peace - that being the original attempt at what would be Electric.

Sounds like somewhere between Love and Electric.

Interesting.

Thanks, I might have to give that Peace a go. So its basically what Rick Rubin got to play with?

(throwaway comment about how depressing it is that everyone is listening to old music, myself included)

I think Peace was produced by Steve Brown, the fellow who did Love.

So it has a similar kind of sound, just a bit heavier and less 'gothy' (for want of a better word) in places.

Rick Rubin just ignored that, they started from scratch albeit with mostly the same songs.

Thanks. So the material was fully produced and finished, presumably unsatisfactorily, in a different style when Rubin got it? It can't be often that that happens.

I just heard Wildflower on Youtubes and the original version has a gothy chorus+delay guitar sound and lots of overdubbed ringy lead playing. There's none of the empty space that characterizes the Rubin version at all. Lyrically it sounds more like a straightahead rock song than Rain or Sanctuary, so perhaps the Electric sound is where they were going while still working with the Love people.

Lizard in a bottle yeah! :party: