what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

Quote:
Blues comes close behind Country as the most annoying type of music.

I would have to agree with that one. Jazz would be up there somewhere as well.

I am listening to the most recent Air album right now. Quite good.

Allman Bros, Muddy Waters, Miles Davis, etc...yeah, crap music :rolleyes: Everybody has their own taste \:\)

Been gettin back into some old MDs with some Bossanova, mixed latin/jazz fusion, and ESL label (Thievery Corporation's label). Good stuff \:\)

ooooh, The Herbaliser too

I like all sorts - my collection has probably most "genres" except those mentioned above.

I suppose my favourite would probably be things that you hate - well produced, electronic sounding sounds. It's got to be melodic though.

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
Allman Bros, Muddy Waters, Miles Davis, etc...yeah, crap music :rolleyes: Everybody has their own taste \:\)

Been gettin back into some old MDs with some Bossanova, mixed latin/jazz fusion, and ESL label (Thievery Corporation's label). Good stuff \:\)

ooooh, The Herbaliser too

hey CB, i dig thievery in a major way but ain't found much other similar stuff out there that i also like - you got anything you care to recommend?

i went to a few clubs in london when gile speterson was dj-ing and always had a wicked time though. good drum and bass lines to most of the stuff he was playing. i will dig a bit deeper into his stuff - any particular discs you like?

some tosca stuff is good too. i will check some of those things out. cheers.

i also got this the other day - 4 disc dub anthology. i like it loud while sitting out in the sun having a few quiet drinks

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dub-Anthology-Various-Artists/dp/B000OQF3F2

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
I like all sorts - my collection has probably most "genres" except those mentioned above.

I suppose my favourite would probably be things that you hate - well produced, electronic sounding sounds. It's got to be melodic though.

It's blues and jazz for me, and I stretch to R&B. Techno- hypno-, rap and pop are all a yawn.

If you like the Cult check out their new DVD of a show from last year. The music is really good, but alas Astbury - apart from coming across as being a complete tosser with what he says - seems fit to shout the words rather than actually sing. He spoils it. When he does try to actually sing it's ok, but too much shouting and trying to be hard.

Billy "used to be in a band with Johnny Marr" Duffys still-Manc accent is quite funny.

• 2 weeks later...