what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

The Cults first album Dreamtime - it is so far away from how they ended up. I think I prefer their middle time when they were still a bit on the gothy side of rock (Love?) that was a good album

That album has dated really badly, almost as badly as lots of 80's stuff.

I'm listening to a lot of The Cure at the moment. Head On The Door and Disintegration are really good albums.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the new Travis album yesterday, sounds pretty good. I have always liked their more laid back sounding songs and of late there's a fair few of them.

Travis just bore me. Inoffensive and easy to listen, but a bit of a yawn kinda strange how they have become (were?) so popular.

I'm in need of new music but just can't find any (admittedly not exactly out hunting).

That MIMS song above - what "genre" is that kind of music? The kind where there is rapping/talking ( lol.gif ) over a simple, sparce melody and lots of beats. I actually kinda like some of those songs when they are melodic

That new Linkin Park is quite different from what they have done before. I heard it once last night - sounded quite weak actually.

I often think bands are best sticking to what they are best. I know thats what I want from my favourite bands - to a certain extent more of the same rather than a huge departure and 'experiments'.

I agree. I don't want my favorite bands to change drastically. I like them because of what they do. Some change is fine and we always want better songs and better performances, but sometimes it is just a joke. I have one album in mind when I say that, very disappointed.

The new LP album seems to be getting a lot of stick. Is it not good or just not like them?

My favorite album of the year so far is the OneTwo one I really do like that.