what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

Really? Sorry to hear that. On doing a bit of searching now, seems they were actually planning on doing shows and maybe recording.

I like Boston, that first album was just brilliant I grew up listening to that (it was my brothers who is 5 yrs older than me).

bought some cds today for the first time in a long time. picked up:

Sade - Lovers live

Derek Trucks - Songlines

Citizen Cope - every waking moment

U2 - 18 singles

Have Derek in right now and am blown away. Ive been listening to him since 1994 when he was still in junior high school. My roommate and he were good mates and he recorded all of DTs live concerts on MD for him. I can say hes the only artist that I know personally (besides Sunrise!! \:D ). If any of you like blues/slide guitar check him out. You wont be disappointed cool.gif

My Japanese friend had some Elvis (yes that one) CDs and I thought I'd give them a listen. I am surprised at how much I like them - will be transferring to grillerPod to give them some more listens.

Black Eyed Peas: Since getting interested in making music actually I found their beats very complicated and difficult to reproduce.

Avril Lavigne Girlfriend etc: I don't know why I get addicted to such crap.

Tne newly released remastered version of my 2nd favorite album, Black Celebration, came on Saturday.

It always sounded too weak on the original cd, but it now sounds as glorious as it can be, and the hour long documentary that comes with it is excellent too.

\:D

I'm really rediscovering and loving REMs Up album at the moment. At My Most Beautiful, Daysleeper, Diminished, Parakeet, Falls to Climb - there are some great melodic melancholy songs on there that I didn't quite notice when it was first released.

• 2 weeks later...

Albert Collins, "The Master of the Telecaster,".

"Collins' percussive, ringing guitar style became his trademark, as he would use his right hand to pluck the strings. Blues-rock guitarist Jimi Hendrix cited Collins as an influence in any number of interviews he gave."

Too right. When this came on I knew it wasn't Hendrix, but the percussion and use of harmonics made me think of him immediately. Excellent.

My friend has given me a few cds by Faithless and I am really enjoying them, the best of is probably the (er) best. \:\)