what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

I went to see a guitar, vocal, and djembe combo last night called Sayoko-Oto-Nara. I danced my bum off. Now I'm listening to their CD Wa to Nari. The power of the drum doesn't come over on the CD, but live it was pretty intense. They're playing at the hemp and biodiesel festival in Kochi this weekend (for those of a southerly disposition).

Here's what's in my six-stacker:

Faithless "No Roots"

Chemical Brothers "Surrender"

Salmonella Dub "Inside the Dub Plates"

*Lyrics Born "Later That Day"

Dandy Warhols "Welcome to the Monkey House"

*DJ Shadow "Brainfreeze"

* = Boyfriend's CD

At last.

I have the new Mode album in my hands and it is just so so good. I'm so excited.

I thought they had lost it a bit with the last album which was really disappointing (too 'happy' sounding and too many clicks). But they have come back very strong - back to the dark, polished, layered, melodic, moody electronics they do way better than anyone else. Great songs, great production, fantastic sound. I know it's early but this one has already broken into my top 3 Mode albums chart and could go higher.

Does anyone else get as excited over their favorite music??

The only downer (apart from a pointless instrumental) is the way they keep on paying Anton Corbijn tons of cash to come up with their sleeves. I love his photos, but his recent sleeves are just garbage. This time it stars something that looks like a cross between Robert Smith and Howard The Duck confused.gif

120x120.jpeg

:rolleyes:

Don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, but i have been reading the comments about Kazaa and Kazaa Lite. I too used to use Kazaa Lite, but now am using a program called Bear Share. It's great! Check it out for something different.