what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

Thank you thank you. clap.gif

I heard it for the first time this morning, but not the vid. It's so so good - a real return to true dark/moody/layered dm form after the disappointment of the last album. \:D Can't wait to hear the rest.

It must be annoying for artists to get their material leaked months before it's supposed to be released.

Quote:
Originally posted by veronica:
I'm listening to the new Royksopp CD, sounds quite nice. Quite like that Gorillaz one too.
V how does the new Royksopp album compare to the last one (Melody A.M) which in my mind was brilliant? Holds up pretty well, same floaty cloud vibe? wave.gif

I didn't know they had a new one out, Stoked!

I've listened to it quite a few times now and.... well, it's just not very exciting to be honest. Then again I never went mad over the first one, kinda nice background music. It's ok though. Not sure what else to say \:\)

Eric Burdon and The Animals. (They are not a new band, I believe). Eric reminds me of Bill Clinton - not only the voice, but what he says.

"Though she'll never find another man, who treated her like I did!"

"It's been the ruin of many a poor boy like me."

The end of the St James Infirmary is sampled as the basis of "Heartfixer" by De-Phazz - a pretty good hook for a track it is too.

The Safety Dance haha I remember that one. That was funny.

I've had some Art of Noise on today - Tom Jones at the moment going on about Kiss at the moment. Patchy but some of it is really good.

I like Lemon Jelly too.

I borrowed Michelle Branch "Hotel Paper". It's pleasant enough pop, and she has a nice voice with a bit of redneck pronunciation. She could do with a bit more roughness and edge though.

Also got Agatsuma III "Classics" shamisen. Shamisen CDs tend to be a mixed deal. Some of it sound like random twanging (can the dude actually play this instrument...?), but a few tracks really rock along. "Tsugaru Aiyabushi" is a ripper.