what's everybody listening to now?

I kinda liked Daft Punks first 2 cds, if only in the car. Their new one is getting slaughtered though in many places. eg >>>>>

LCD Soundsystem's recent single Daft Punk Is Playing at My House was witty confirmation of Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo's unique hipster cachet. But LCD Soundsystem may wish they'd chosen another talisman of cool once they hear Human After All.

Apparently knocked off in just six weeks, Daft Punk's third album sounds like it took six days. Six short days. With long lunches. When these tracks were leaked onto the internet in January, some fans assumed they were bogus, and they do indeed sound like the work of lacklustre imposters. Previous album Discovery had its flaws but at least its ultra-brite MOR homages showed vision. Human After All simply recycles a handful of familiar production tics - vocoders, processed rock guitars, snub-nosed beats - to the point of inanity.

Apart from the title track's euphoric burble-and-grind and The Brainwasher's acid-house villainy, Human After All is a joyless collection of average ideas stretched desperately thin. If Daft Punk played this at your house, you'd chuck them out.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

A compilation called Unbelievable, a friend sent it over to me recently. There's loads of Madchester songs and the like on there (Happy Mondays, Inspirals, James, Farm, Smiths, etc). Lots of memories in there.

I'm loving Queens of the Stone Age's new album at the mo (as Rach previously mentioned). These guys can do no wrong in my eyes. Also the Futureheads ain't bad either. Been a bit out of the loop lately music wise.

I'm listening to some older stuff at the moment. The last few days has been a real mixed bag. Eurythmics, Faithless, Garbage first album (really like that one)

• 2 weeks later...

New Garbage cd is (sadly) not a return to form.

Heard that the new Coldplay is going to be interesting. They apparently are going a bit more electronic sounding than before, even sampling some Kraftwerk. (Or maybe that was an Aprils fool!)

Have heard 5 of the new Coldplay songs, a friend went to a recent gig where they played them. Sounded good. Not as different as people seem to be saying, sounds like Coldplay maybe a bit darker (?)

From what I've heard the Kraftwerk thing is not an actual sample, just using the same riff on a guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

YO LA TENGO

I borrowed it from my friend. If I like their music, I may go to see them at luquidroom in May. It seems like they are very popular and I have to get a ticket soon.

YO LA TENGO?? I saw them live a few years back..they rocked!! If ya want someone to tag along with ya slow lemme know!

and on another note.... Collision Course by Jay Z and that band....pretty good