what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

Tom Jones & Poritshead. Kind of different to what Ive been listening to lately but its quite cool. Oldy but a goody, Jim Croche, Rembember the song Leroy Brown, he sang that.And as always good kiwi band Salmonella Dub.

I scooped out and bought the only just released Remastered 10th Anniversary Edition triple CD pack of the Renaissance Mix Collection by Sasha and Digweed.

Last I checked the original Mix from 10 years ago was selling on ebay for a huge packet of cash.

I have to admit, that this is where proggy house and trance all started to get good. Did any one here ever visit the original Renaissance nights in Mansfield UK back in 1992?

This is the greatest commercial mix ever created.

I can't help but think what a waste of a young person life it was to fry your brain on drugs to crappy music in crappy clubs in some random city when you could have been frying (flying) in Renaissance.

Mostly psy-trance and German hard trance. Japan has a quite good trance scene, been partying last night at Odaiba. There was Etnica, Kox-box and X-Dream playing live there. Also some drum n bass from time to time, used to dj D n B while in Uni.

I am a reasonably enthusiastic electro fan overall (DAF, Kraftwork, Fischerspooner, Adult, Peaches, some of Miss Kittin + Hacker, some Felix da HC mixes, some Tiga mixes etc). But above all that I am quite a big Ladytron fan. I just landed a copy of their new unreleased song "Sugar", not bad and quite different. I have also seen a few Ladytron DJ sets, really good stuff. I am yet to see the whole band on stage.

V - the Ladytron set was in London. I don't think they have ever been to Japan but they were in China a month ago or so. I hav ebeen checking out Client a bit in London. Funny accents. I chatted to one of the chicks from Client at a night recently and I think she fancied me ('fancied' is an Brit term).

Bulbfish - never alone! Peaches is great. F*ck Your Pain Away. My mum arrives on the muddy island this week, which is a bummer as Peaches in making a noise next weekend outside town at the Nightmare Before Christmas festival. I don't think I can leave the old girl here alone just to go and see an angry half dyke electro punk chick with a taste for nice dirty shots. I really want to go though. Not only Peaches but Aphex Twin and also Throbbing Gristle are playing plus a bunch more (Throbbing Gristle!! Remember them??!!! Discipline! I need some discipline!! We need some Discipline here!!! Discipline, Disipline we need Discipline!!! ......Nothing better than distorted industrial from the 80's).

Anyway, today I am listening to the new-ish iCom by Miss kittin. Some good stuff on it as well. “I’ll beat that bitch with a hit”. Charming lyrics.... great track though (called “Requiem For A Hit”). Go and steal it from the internet now!

Fukdane - Female, and a bit grumpy.

KlingKlang, Bulbfish - get out and buy the New Glimmer Twins mix "compliled, mixed, edited and ph#cked up". I am guessing you may like it. I do, big time.

There is no western woman that I approve of more, although semi goth chicks are also way high on the list.... but they are not very interested in snowboarding. Anyway, Peaches rocks my alter ego, I wish I knew more girls like her (Re alter ego: besides me being some suit wearing dork).

29B.jpg

5A.jpg

I really like the new Manic Street Preachers. Came across it by chance almost, but (compared to their work early on) it's almost pop and much more electric sounding. They sure have changed that band.

Quote:
Originally posted by big-will:
Why such the high approval for this Peaches chick? Never heard her music.
I like the sound and feel, but her music is not fantastic. I just like her attitude.

As much as I appear to be one on the outside, I am repulsed by conformists and regular people living regular lives converting O2 to CO2, watching reality TV and maintaining the status quo. For the most, even my lifestyle repulses me but I am too gutless to live the way I want to live, so for the bigger part I just conform. And so I get pleasure from watching people (artists) who simply do what they want.

Nothing dulls or annoys me more than normalness. Tradition is almost just as bad. For some weener banker like me, music is my only way to escape and stop me attacking some dull arsed weekend golfer and beating him until he is a f***king lifeless carcass. Sorry, I learnt those words from listening to Slayer.

(Big W - that rant was not directed at you or your question ;\) )
  • 2 weeks later...