what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

Quote:
guzzlers-baps
I've been listenig to a few old Crowded House cds the last few days. They're Australian (?), right? Some good songs on there.
Arrggghhh, they are NOT Australian!! They are from New Zealand and yeah they are damn good, very mellow, nice memories of home and nice to cruise to.

I just listened to their greatest hits cd the other week for the first time in ages.

The classic version of Dr. Who was famously on the Journeys by DJ mix cd by DJ by Coldcut back in around 1996. It was the first mix compilation to really jump around between genres. It was just when Ninja Tune was getting off the ground.

yeah, the timelords (klf) are cool, I like that dr who track too. I used to dj in a strip club in roppongi, and used to give that track a bit of 'titty time air play' - it would always bring a comment from someone.

Been listening to the new x-dream album. Anyone else into this sort of stuff ? These guys are pioneers in the trance scene, their sound has changed a lot over the years, but they always mange to stay just in front of what other people are doing, even their old tracks still sound new. Got an extra cd as well (other new tracks that didn't make the album), with a track with some great samples from american evangalists (??) - kinda funny, I think it's called 'praise the lord', looking forward to hearing that one on the dancefloor....

Juts saw this band from chicago a few nights ago...

Umphrey's McGee... they are a hard rockin dual-guitar band with clear Zappa, Zeplin, and Yes influences but a definite groove and sound all their own (Yuki's P, you would dig these guys!)

Heading in an hour to see Medeski Martin & Wood live in support of their new album, End of the World Party , which is an amazing album clap.gif