what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

Gettin back to the club scene recently with the likes of: Modaji, Phil Asher, Future sounds of jazz, Kyoto Jazz Massive, Nitin Sawany (spelling), and anything by Compost Records is sweet. Ill listen to it for a while and then put it away, but diggin out all those MDs is like finding a buried treasure \:D

And then, Dave Matthews Band live in New York's Central Park is two thumbs up clap.gif Plus Warren Hanes from Govt Mule comes and jams!!! Tibbets Street, UAs Best of rocks - I love private surfer, landori yori ai wo komete, jounetsu, etc...

Japan, Exorcising Ghosts.

I heard on of their tracks on mtv and it brought back lots of memories, so I dug up this old cd. I used to think they were very very cool. Sound a bit pompous now, but lots of memory value.

Yo Y's P - got the Central Park DVD playin in the background right now. Whatta great show.

I saw Jane's over the summer. Was never a big fan before but I was really impressed and have since grabbed most of their albums. I dig em now.

I haven't had too much new music in the last few weeks but I've been listenin to a lot of Something Corporate, Mars Volta, All American Rejects, and Get Up Kids.

New NIN?? Bring it on!!

Quote:
Originally posted by enderzero:

I haven't had too much new music in the last few weeks but I've been listenin to a lot of Something Corporate, Mars Volta, All American Rejects, and Get Up Kids.

ender have you seen something corporate live? im seeing them on tuesday as a favour for a friend and dont really know what to expect. only heard, space, if you see jordan, constantine, and woke up in a car.

They are one of the few bands I am into that I haven't seen (since I have only really gotten into them since I have been in Japan). I only liked "Woke Up In a Car" off of their last CD "Leaving Through The Window" and really didn't like "If U C Jordan" at all. However, their new album "North" has totally changed my mind. It is solid catchy-indie-pop from beginning to end, which whether or not I like to admit, seems to be the kind of music I can't stop myself from listening to. I have listened to that CD more in the last couple months than anything else. You should try to take it for a spin before the concert.

I imagine the show will be good. I don't think it will be an absolutely amazing show or anything, but I just love to hear music live, especially from a band I am really into, so I would go see them in a second.

Quote:
Originally posted by enderzero:
They are one of the few bands I am into that I haven't seen (since I have only really gotten into them since I have been in Japan). I only liked "Woke Up In a Car" off of their last CD "Leaving Through The Window" and really didn't like "If U C Jordan" at all. However, their new album "North" has totally changed my mind. It is solid catchy-indie-pop from beginning to end, which whether or not I like to admit, seems to be the kind of music I can't stop myself from listening to. I have listened to that CD more in the last couple months than anything else. You should try to take it for a spin before the concert.

I imagine the show will be good. I don't think it will be an absolutely amazing show or anything, but I just love to hear music live, especially from a band I am really into, so I would go see them in a second.
the show was pretty decent, i had a pretty good time - but really just took it for what it was worth. not mind blowing or anything. and they looked like they were having a good time. it was mostly a younger audience - i even felt old at 18. but yeah, they played most of the poppy stuff which was probably the only problem. and no konstantine.

A Perfect Cirlce were absolutely gangbusters. Definately as good as the last time i saw them. I picked the opening song - Vanishing. Good start up song i reckon. I got myself a really good position. Ranged from 3-5 people from the front barrier and slap bang in the middle.

For a relatively mild band the mosh pit was pretty full on and crazy. I don't think i have sweated that much before.

I was a tad dissappointed with "The Nurse Who Loved Me", but i think that had more to do with the sounds than the actual playing.

All in all a bloody good show. I'll be seeing them next time they come out.

smeagol and I have been listening to all our old classic rock and pops precious, Modern bands are talentless and a mere shadow of the great bands in the 60's 70's and 80,s and even the 90's.

Cant seem to find good music nowadays can we precious, not like the good old days.

Claude Challe and Malik Adouane's Arabic version of the 'Shaft' theme.

Powderfinger's "Song Called Everything" has got into my mind's ear. Love the ending of that track for some reason.

Stranger Cole - "Rough & Tough" classic Trojan track, very lucky to find and suck that one down disguised as something by the Skalites.

God I hate people who mistitle their tracks! What is the f mad.gif mad.gif king Enya doing in my shared folder?

Quote:
Originally posted by klingon:
Gollum - and what might that be then?
Zep, Floyd, Eagles, Stones, Pearl Jam, Tom Petty, Doors, Marley, Dylan, Bowie, U2, Creedence,
Simon & garf' yes precious they all be fine tunes

I went up to the mountains last weekend with a Japanese friend who is heavily into GENESIS eek.gif . It was painful!! (Apart from some of the earlier stuff). He really wanted to give me a full rundown of Genesis's best hits, I think we got through 4 albums lol.gif