what's everybody listening to now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

Rogers head. You should know by now that there's only one common sense in O11's mind - and that's his own, however much it changes according to his run of argument. ;\)

And no point in keeping on responding either, coz he'll just come back at ya with more drivel.

\:D

I too am listening to the new REM best of - the extra disc is really good with some rare tracks that I'd never heard before. Good band.

Sean Na Na

He has nice sarcastic lyrics. I enjoy sarcasm sometimes.

Yoghurt, I see you couldn't resist offering one of your old O11 analyses again. They're fascinating, really.

That recent posting about disco at work and db's white suit got me listening to the Bee Gees again. 'Night Fever' is a stunning track. But, what is it with that guy's voice...?

Recent albums on the enderzero playlist include:

The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium

The Get Up Kids - On A Wire

Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning

Jack Johnson - On and On

Jane's Addiction

The Fire Theft

Top 5 songs I can't stop listening to:

5. Fire Theft - Carry You

4. Elliot Smith - Waltz #2 (XO)

3. AFI - The Leaving Song Pt. 2

2. Jason Mraz - The Remedy

1. Something Corporate - I Woke Up In A Car

> Personal allegiance to what? My friends that like them?

Nah, that would be soppy. I had the impression that you knew somebody in the band...

Actually I half like some of their stuff, but I think they need a bit more seasoning.

Quote:
Originally posted by enderzero:
Recent albums on the enderzero playlist include:

The Get Up Kids - On A Wire

Top 5 songs I can't stop listening to:

1. Something Corporate - I Woke Up In A Car
love that song.

ender, have you heard of The New Amsterdams? Matt Pryor of the Get up kids is the main guy. they are pretty cool.

other stuff im listening to at the moment:

newest dropkick murphys cd. (walk away is damn catchy)

the weakerthans

armor for sleep

and tegan and sara

Spoon and Spiritualized are getting a lot of play time these last two days. It helps that they're alphabetically close.

The Spoon vocalist has some interesting quirks. He would fascinate a speech therapist. Everything Hits At Once, and Lines in the Suit are good.

Spiritualized mixes sentimental new agey toons and lyrics with straightforward rock n' roll. He's one of the Guardian's top 40 British bands.

Three things:

A shout out to the man in black is definitely a sensible shout. One of the cool Americans.

Enderzero, I take it you know about Elliot Smith? Tough way to go . I saw him play spring 2002 and he could only get through like 1 song during the 40 minute set. He kept complaining that his fingers hurt, but I don't think it was his fingers... So sad.

amandanism , I guess you Canadians stick together, eh? Tegan and Sara are quite entertaining, and they actually talk quite a bit live. I like that.

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyski:

amandanism , I guess you Canadians stick together, eh? Tegan and Sara are quite entertaining, and they actually talk quite a bit live. I like that.
yeah so ive heard from the guy who introduced me to their music, they are great though.

ive only been here 3 months and im already digging the canadian music scene.
 Quote:
Originally posted by amandanism:

ive only been here 3 months and im already digging the canadian music scene.
Why? I guess you are into underground music.

Or does Canada have lots of buried classics.

Oh man, I am so funny when I am bored.

lol.gif

Let us know what you dig up

But .db. why are you always so bored man? I thought banking jobs were super hectic and you never had a second to do anything except chase traders and dealers and brokers and all the rest of it ... sounds like you have got it made.