what's everybody listening to now?

http://www.radioactive.co.nz/

http://www.flaresound.com/

http://www.novaplanet.com/

http://www.dublab.com/index.asp

'ere is al list for different moods

theres a radio station inside garageband.com (garageband funk) too, but its a bugger to find.

my faves are jazzmusique on flaresound and nova, dublab is wicked if u catch the right show, but can be a little abstact. they talk a lot on radioactive which is sometimes good.

checkitoutyo \:\)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

geeze, and I missed that. I made a huge mistake. Them niggas know their stuffing.

I always love it when this thread pops back up. Right now I am listening to Soundgarden's classic, Badmotorfinger.

In heavy rotation these days is:

John Mayer

Dashboard Confessional (have been listening to for a year now, can't get over em)

Audioslave

Chevelle

Coldplay

Sage Francis

Counting Crows

James Taylor

Radiohead's new one - Hail to the Thief (thx Mr.S)

Long Since Forgotten

Dave Matthews Band

I just bought tickets to the John Mayer/Counting Crows and Beck/Dashboard shows back home this summer. Plus soon I'll grab tickets to Lollapalooza with Audioslave, A Perfect Circle, Incubus and more. On top of that Both James Taylor and Dave Matthews will be coming thru my town (along with many more I imagine). So when I say I miss concerts, this is what I am talking about.

BTW I love my iPod. I walk all over Tokyo rocking out to jams.

It changes every day, but today is;

Rockers Hi-Fi, Chris Fortier, Thunderball, Les Hommes, and Sonique (hitting delete as I go with the latter).

Dashboard Confessional are a bit hard to listen to in places...

haven't posted in ages but it's good to see this thread still hanging in there.

hey ocean - glad to see kazaa lite's working out for ya. know what u mean about the thievery, man, just smile at the irony and roll with it = ).

as for what i'm listening to now

Zwan- honestly

Get up kids - close to me (cure cover)

The waifs - london still

ben lee - cigarettes will kill you

wild swans - love will tear us apart (another cover)

what do u think of Billy Corgan's new band - Zwan?

is the bassist totally hot or what?

I have listened to the Zwan CD a few times. I enjoy it but I am not blown away. Of course I wan't ever a huge Pumpkins fan either. But I recognize it has potential. I think I'll give it another listen soon.

i like ben lee - cigarettes will kill you

but his latest song is utter crap.

currently listening to alot of silverchair, specifically the song after all these years. beautiful song.

also on the playlists

better than ezra : good

our lady peace : sell my soul

jack johnson: horizon has been defeated

modest mouse: the fruit that ate itself

okgo: get over it

idlewild : modern way of letting go

white stripes : 7 nation army

hot hot heat : live spelt backwards

sam roberts : where have all the good people gone?

afi : girls not grey

Wow, lots of Jack Johnson fans. Is he from Hawaii? Anyway,if you like Hawaiian music/musicians, check out

John Cruz

Ka'au Crater Boys

Iz (Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole)

Ho'aikane

Hapa

Mana'o Co.

Keali'i Riechell....

Let me know if you want more. Also, if your looking these up on Kazaa, etc., my spelling could be iffy on the names but close.

• 4 months later...

moved completely away from all the pop boring cr*p that's out there at the mo....

into:

Matchbox 20

Datsuns

Live

Jack Johnson - u surfie boys'll love it

Incubus - dunno if you've checked their website but they have some wicked art too.

Pacifier (ex Shihad)- these guys rock out...caught a concert last weekend....Amandanism if you dig the Datsuns you'll love pacifier - they led the way for the D's

clap.gif

yeah shihad rock! been listening to them for ages!

you guys should check out sam roberts...i saw him live twice this summer and he was brilliant.

other than that recently ive been listening to

grinspoon

screamfeeder

muse

black rebel motorcycle club

the superjesus

sam roberts

and a bit of jamiroquai

i cant really pin down what sort of "style" sam roberts is.

they play a hybrid of folk and rock. i guess similar artists would be pete yorn, ryan adams (NOT brian mind you), and hawksley workman.

011 sam roberts hasnt been around very long, and his music isnt just him plucking a guitar. sam roberts (http://www.samrobertsband.com) is just the name of the lead singer of the band as a whole. its quite possible that you have heard their stuff and if thats your opinion thats cool.

thanks amandaism..will check him out...

have you heard of the watershed fest? was supposed to be in Aug in Ontario...looked to be a good line up...but was postponed!

not that it matters to me as am in nz at the mo...but would have liked to go \:\(

by the way...when i saw shihad they had another kiwi band open for them called Two Lane Black Top. They will be ones to watch for...they rocked out in concert! if shihad were 10/10 these guys were 8/10

hey, yeah ive heard of the watershed fest. my room mate is actually from walkerton where it was meant to be held. i just got here so im still sussing out the music scene.

and i will check out the other band you mentioned (sorry the name escapes me at the moment)

• 1 month later...